Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

N.Y. State Legislator Speaks Out Against MMA

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

artofdefense

MMA Regular

Career:129-105
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
Don't be impertinent. The mods just don't want a lefty righty flame war.

This story is about MMA, and so is relevant to the forum. The mods just don't want any more irrelevant political threads that degenrate into name calling and idiocy.

Post #16   1/14/09 11:51:09AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

I think that the idea that what we're doing is mixing skills is the problem, too. And I think the rule change would be that when you're boxing, you box. When you're wrestling, you wrestle. But there's a reason why when a boxer falls to one knee or two knees, that the other boxer can't come up and hit him in the head

Can this guy even tie his own shoes??????

it is as if the complexity of MMA is one of the reasons making him oppose it; almost as if he can't rap his head around it. and the boxing thing...is he kidding me!?!?!?!? boxers take repeated punishment to the head, and the fact that they get up makes boxing a lot more dangerous then MMA. and a boxer getting on one knee is the equivalent of a tapout, only it doesn't stop the fight so it is even more dangerous. this guy is a tool who knows nothing about MMA and is stuck in his glory days when Ike was still president...the dude graduated college in 1961.

i am tired of old, ignorant people wiht power putting stops in MMA's attempt to go mainstream. i will certainly write many letters to him and his constituents to try and make him see the other side.

Post #17   1/14/09 6:32:33PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
this wasn't even a real political thread ,and look how it went. Well its locked now, but thanks for pointing out why they are no longer allowed. Warnings to type-gotta go
ADMIN

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   1/14/09 6:36:39PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2