Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

why is ryan jensen still in UFC?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I think the UFC likes the way Jensen "brings it". He's been overmatched in his bouts in the UFC, but his tenacity and striking were on full display against Wilson Gouveia. Up until the armbar, it looked as if Ryan was going to pull a major upset. Had Wilson dominated Jensen--short notice or not--he would be gone.

Post #16   3/23/09 1:45:43PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,700-904
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Maybe he'll stick around longer in the UFC if he doesn't get subbed.

Lets see any other random MW fight 3 BJJ blackbelts and not get owned.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #17   3/26/09 2:55:22PM   

jhallway

Learning to Sprawl

Career:682-438
Chips:
There seems to be a school of thought that if a fighter isn't right in the title hunt, that the UFC should just cut them loose. Jensen isn't going to be fighting for the belt any time soon, but I have never seen a record like his. The guy is 13-5 with no fight going longer than 7:30. He just straight brings it and always looks to finish (often to a fault; see: Leites, Gouveia fights).

The UFC should love this guy. Among his 3 fights, all were either on short notice or involved an opponent change within a month of the fight. All 3 opponents are top 15 middleweights. Name for me any other guy that has faced such insanely tough competition at MW after coming from an unknown organization.

Reminder: Patrick Cote was once 0-4 in the UFC. The talent scouts at the UFC know what they have in these guys even when their Octagon records hasn't shown it.

Post #18   3/31/09 9:13:07AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2