Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko responds to Andrei Arlovski, Freddie Roach, and Dana White

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
There are just 17 days until Fedor Emelianenko defends his WAMMA heavyweight title against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski during Affliction and M-1’s “Day of Reckoning” on January 24 in Anaheim, California.

Despite having recorded victories in the past over the likes for former PRIDE and interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia, and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Arlovski could pose Fedor’s toughest test to date.

Fedor’s potential toughest test is also set to occur on the heels of his first loss in the World Combat Sambo Championships in nearly eight years. Fedor responded to the loss by claiming that it had little to no bearing on his career in MMA and that Combat Sambo was merely a hobby for him.

LINK

Post #1   1/7/09 1:33:05PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Sam Caplan: How do you feel about an opponent’s trainer saying picking a part your standup like that?

Fedor Emelianenko: Sometimes it is a trainer’s job to point out weaknesses in his fighter’s opponents. And sometimes it is a trainer’s job to convince his fighter that his opponent has weaknesses. We will see.

Post #2   1/7/09 1:46:05PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Fedor Emelianenko: I think if Dana White says something negative about his [former] champions then he is only saying something negative about his own organization. I have victories over many of the UFC’s champions. If he says something bad about them or me then he only makes his organization look weak.

Sam Caplan: White has proclaimed Anderson Silva the number one pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Do you have any interest in fighting Silva and if so, how do you see that fight going down?

Why Would he even ask that

Post #3   1/7/09 1:50:11PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
"Fedor Emelianenko: (Laughs) I think if I fought for the UFC, he would try to sell me as the greatest MMA fighter that ever lived."

hahahahah sooooooo true

Post #4   1/7/09 2:10:14PM   

BDON911

MMA Regular

BDON911 Avatar

Career:495-323
Chips:
Fedor answers questions like he fights....he completely owned those questions.

Post #5   1/7/09 2:16:10PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
How can anyone not love Fedor.....Everything he says is so true!!!!

Post #6   1/7/09 2:36:52PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Lol I lid the part about Dana saying Randy Couture could have choked Tim out like that, but he coulden't...

Post #7   1/7/09 2:58:40PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
Many other former Pride fighters where supposed to run through the UFC division and not one of them has dominated yet. They have all found themselves KO or put on there backs. Until Fedor proves he can beat any one in any ring, or cage and also be tested for what a lot or former Pride fights have used then he can never call him self the best in the world. Every Pride fighter who has come over has not be as strong, fast, or couldn't handle taking shots like they once did. Every UFC fighter he has beat has been out side the UFC why because all those fighters got to fight he for one reason they got CUT for being beat.

Post #8   1/7/09 3:17:33PM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:
I like how he minimizes his Sambo loss...the same Sambo that he was so quick to tell people about how he dominated others in...

Hes Fedor, He fought an opponent under Sambo rules and Lost. His opponent fought under the same rules and Won.

Sambo is a [b]modern martial art, combat sport and self-defense system[/b]...apparently in his loss Fedor Failed in his "self defense system" execution...thus he lost to his competitor.

Post #9   1/7/09 4:08:53PM   

landstander

MMA Regular

landstander Avatar

Career:51-32
Chips:

Posted by motorboatensob

Many other former Pride fighters where supposed to run through the UFC division and not one of them has dominated yet. They have all found themselves KO or put on there backs. Until Fedor proves he can beat any one in any ring, or cage and also be tested for what a lot or former Pride fights have used then he can never call him self the best in the world. Every Pride fighter who has come over has not be as strong, fast, or couldn't handle taking shots like they once did. Every UFC fighter he has beat has been out side the UFC why because all those fighters got to fight he for one reason they got CUT for being beat.

Are you saying all the pride fighters should go back to japan where the competition is easier?

Post #10   1/7/09 4:30:59PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
I thought we were pass the whole UFC vs Pride thing. One can not compare fighters in each organization, especially now, two years later. Each favors different styles of fighting based on the arena, officiating, and refereeing.

If Pride had bought out the UFC two years ago, how would the UFC dominate guys be doing? Hughes? Franklin? Liddell? I guess that the UFC would've looked pretty weak.

Post #11   1/7/09 5:06:02PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

I like how he minimizes his Sambo loss...the same Sambo that he was so quick to tell people about how he dominated others in...

Hes Fedor, He fought an opponent under Sambo rules and Lost. His opponent fought under the same rules and Won.

Sambo is a [b]modern martial art, combat sport and self-defense system[/b]...apparently in his loss Fedor Failed in his "self defense system" execution...thus he lost to his competitor.

Fedor lost on points because he was taken down once, the rest of the fight he dominated lol, you don't seem to know much about sambo other then what you've read on wiki. Also I've never heard Fedor say he dominated anyone lol. As for Motorboat bob, What? So if you don't win in the UFC your not good? Also Fedor has fought in the US, he has been tested, he fought at the same US Pride event that Kevin Randleman, Vitor and Nastula all popped positive.

Post #12   1/7/09 5:25:22PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I jus don't care too much about Fedor,
This Arlovski fight will not prove much to me about Fedor and where hes at RIGHT NOW.
I want him in the UFC NOw and fight someone in the UFC NOW not before, not an ex champion, not someone down and on their way out, not interesting.
Fight the NOw. But that wont happen will it, will it Fedor ??? stay far away from the the UFC where a possible real threat is, good technique

Post #13   1/7/09 6:03:02PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

This Arlovski fight will not prove much to me about Fedor and where hes at RIGHT NOW.
I want him in the UFC NOw and fight someone in the UFC NOW not before, not an ex champion, not someone down and on their way out, not interesting.
Fight the NOw. But that wont happen will it, will it Fedor ??? stay far away from the the UFC where a possible real threat is, good technique

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, Fedor is signed to fight somewhere else, which he is doing. He isn't going to pull a Randy and have a hiatus where he leaves organizations in shambles.
Maybe if Dana showed some logic in half the things he says, Fedor would sign with the UFC, but until Anderson peaces out, i don't see him there.
The reason i say that is...Dana is so confident in saying "Anderson Silva, the number one P4P in the world"...if you have Fedor and Anderson fighting under the same roof then it poses conflict for Dana, lol.
Dana has also said that Fedor wasn't the best Heavyweight, well...Dana, who's better? Wes Sims? Tank Abbott? how about Mark Coleman?...Give me a break, make no wonder he doesn't want to sign there.

Post #14   1/7/09 6:16:50PM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Apart from Dana White. Name one person in mma who thinks Fedor is overated.

Answer? No one that matters.

Post #15   1/7/09 6:54:57PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3