Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Can We Get PFC Events in the Secondary League?

Print  
Posted By Message

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
I know that it may be too late, but would it be possible at all to get the PFC event on Feb 6 that is featuring Bobby Lashley and Hector Lombard on the Secondary League docket?

I know that some people may argue that PFC doesn't have the depth of other orgs commonly in the Secondary League, but I came to this site with the goal of increasing my overall knowledge, among other things.

If we can't get this one in, could we at least possibly discuss adding more Secondary events in the future, such as PFC and Bellator?

Thanks for listening.

Post #1   1/5/09 8:40:25PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Amen bro! PFC would be nice....Especially since they are streaming on Sherdog now. I'd love to add some 125 pound flavor to the playground.

good call

Post #2   1/5/09 10:10:40PM   

jodybanman

Learning to Sprawl

jodybanman Avatar

Career:1,683-908
Chips:
No.

Post #3   1/6/09 1:05:47AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
It's kinda hard to find updated info on these smaller promotions plus, with a couple exceptions, it's also hard to watch them. Plus they don't have the deepest talent rosters outside of the occasional appearance by a former UFC guy. I don't think this is a bad suggestion, but ultimately I can't go with it now.

(Plus if we did this you all know I'd be pushing beyond belief for UWC to be added.)

Post #4   1/6/09 7:09:35AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DCRage

It's kinda hard to find updated info on these smaller promotions plus, with a couple exceptions, it's also hard to watch them. Plus they don't have the deepest talent rosters outside of the occasional appearance by a former UFC guy. I don't think this is a bad suggestion, but ultimately I can't go with it now.

(Plus if we did this you all know I'd be pushing beyond belief for UWC to be added.)

Makes sense. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

Post #5   1/6/09 7:14:57AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Don't get me wrong.. I have some friends that fight in PFC, so I love the idea, but right now the org is too flaky. They've been making a strong push to geat solid talent (and doing a good job, too) but they still have last minute changes, etc. You've seen the last few weeks how big of a deal last minute changes can be. We mods get PM's left and right "PLEASE OPEN K-1 BACK UP!" and people start threads flaming because a fight couldn't get updated in time (Manhoef vs. Hunt, anyone?)

It's a good idea. I just can't go along with it, though.

Post #6   1/6/09 8:43:17AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by DCRage

Or course it's not ultimately my call as to this matter, but don't think that I personally am closing the door to this idea period, because I'm not. If these promotions were a little more established and had a wider reach, which they might be someday, then I'd be more for it, but it's still a good idea. UWC might be better to me because it's a little more established and gets a bit more attention largely because the BloodyElbow site (or at least it's main man, Luke Thomas) sort of has a relationship with UWC and frequently promotes them and their shows, plus they have done some live streaming. And they've had quite a bit of former UFC talent on their shows, mostly in the form of TUF contestants who didn't make it all the way. Plus their CEO/booker has connections with Joe Silva (UFC booker).

Post #7   1/6/09 9:47:46AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by DCRage

Or course it's not ultimately my call as to this matter, but don't think that I personally am closing the door to this idea period, because I'm not. If these promotions were a little more established and had a wider reach, which they might be someday, then I'd be more for it, but it's still a good idea. UWC might be better to me because it's a little more established and gets a bit more attention largely because the BloodyElbow site (or at least it's main man, Luke Thomas) sort of has a relationship with UWC and frequently promotes them and their shows, plus they have done some live streaming. And they've had quite a bit of former UFC talent on their shows, mostly in the form of TUF contestants who didn't make it all the way. Plus their CEO/booker has connections with Joe Silva (UFC booker).

That's great. I wasn't necessarily 100% on getting PFC in the Secondary League. I'm just looking for more opportunities to make picks and wager money. Right now it's about 1 event per month in each league, even though there are more good events that could possibly be involved.

UWC and Bellator are obvious possibilities in the future.

Post #8   1/6/09 10:31:22AM