Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The ’09 Wish List

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Pre-“Ultimate Fighter,” pre-Affliction, pre-state sanctioning, fans will remember the UFC’s modest promotional resolution for 1999: run nine shows. (The campaign was dubbed “9 in ’99,” which is what happens when you can’t afford a marketing department.)

A sad testament to the state of the sport at the time: They could only manage six.

Ten years on, and the UFC is likely to meet or exceed the 20 programs it ran in ’08. Wishes have become largely extraneous, since most requested matches wind up happening sooner or later. The sport’s devotees have everything they could possibly ask for -- free shows, top talent, capable management.

This space, though, works tirelessly to find something to complain about. Some hoped-for events for the New Year:

Link

Post #1   1/5/09 6:54:48AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
I LOL'd when I made it to number one. We really do need a better type of cup for the sport.

I never really gave much thought to UFC 100 other than the title fights, but having Gracie vs. Shamrock one more time would definitely be something that I'd love to see. And make it the main event (if those two could stay up that long).

And how about some sort of PRIDE vs. UFC montage during the show? I think it's about time that the UFC pays the Japanese promotion some respect. Some would argue that PRIDE but on better shows, but the UFC is still here for a reason: they were smarter business people. I don't think they should run from the PRIDE vs. UFC anymore.

And I'm really tired of the Fedor to the UFC talk. He's never going to do it, and I'm OK with that.

Post #2   1/5/09 11:42:13AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Please make inside MMA live or at least tape it on friday. Some times I feel like its a waste of DVR space.

Post #3   1/5/09 11:57:08AM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:
I agree with the statement about the officiating and I am also very dissapointed that we aren't seeing more Cung Le and it doesn't sound like he plans to fight much as of now either

Post #4   1/5/09 1:38:44PM   

colescar

Choke You

colescar Avatar

Career:826-686
Camp: Team Kumate
Chips:

Posted by postman

Please make inside MMA live or at least tape it on friday. Some times I feel like its a waste of DVR space.

For Sure!!!
And maybe try to get the rights to UFC clips as well. It would be nice to get TOTAL MMA coverage.

Post #5   1/5/09 6:56:27PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
Lol their is a good type of cup for mma and its called a metal cup lol how to you guys think Mir broke Tme Silvia's arm. I will still hurt if you get kick in the nuts but it will also hurt the opponent lol Must of the guys at my muay thai gym wear's one.

Maybee we should do a cup study with fighthers just to see what type they use.

Post #6   1/5/09 10:02:47PM