Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mike Massenzio says CB tapped

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I believe he tapped. All this win does is get CB's head a bit bigger. Can't wait until he fights somone that won't fold like a papper doll when they miss a sub. I think he will fail miserably against tough competition. His Stand up is shaky at best and his wrestling doesnt even look that good. And thats suppposed to be his bread and butter.

Last edited 1/4/09 9:30AM server time by bls1919
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   1/4/09 9:28:33AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:

Posted by bls1919

I believe he tapped. All this win does is get CB's head a bit bigger. Can't wait until he fights somone that won't fold like a papper doll when they miss a sub. I think he will fail miserably against tough competition. His Stand up is shaky at best and his wrestling doesnt even look that good. And thats suppposed to be his bread and butter.

Man, I was going to say this almost verbatim.

I used to like CB before I saw him on TUF. I'm glad that he lost to Amir twice in a row, because fighters that can't learn from their mistakes can't grow as fighters. And the worst part is that CB obviously STILL hasn't learned from his two mistakes against Amir, because he almost got caught AGAIN while trying to work ground and pound.

His wrestling IS very suspect, and I don't think that he's adapted it to MMA in a way that will make his wrestling a strong point. He needs to use it to fend off subs on the ground while he's using his gnp, but he obviously hasn't figured that part out yet.

Post #17   1/4/09 10:22:33PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by bls1919

Man, I was going to say this almost verbatim.

I used to like CB before I saw him on TUF. I'm glad that he lost to Amir twice in a row, because fighters that can't learn from their mistakes can't grow as fighters. And the worst part is that CB obviously STILL hasn't learned from his two mistakes against Amir, because he almost got caught AGAIN while trying to work ground and pound.

His wrestling IS very suspect, and I don't think that he's adapted it to MMA in a way that will make his wrestling a strong point. He needs to use it to fend off subs on the ground while he's using his gnp, but he obviously hasn't figured that part out yet.

couldn't disagree more, because the guy lost two by the same move in a row he isn't growing, he's won two straight and finished them both, and neither guy is a tomato can. and cb almost got caught in a sub this time because he got rocked, not because he was reckless in his ground work, in fact once he got out of the choke he schooled him on the ground, quickly moved to mount and pounded him out. the guy still has a long way to go, don't get me wrong, but ripping this guy is completely unjustified.

Post #18   1/4/09 10:43:56PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I forget where I read this, but when reading about some other refereeing issue, I found a rule saying a "tap out" is three taps in one second, which makes perfect sense. If you really want out, you're not going to tap twice and stop, and with a choke, I think there should be be a bit of leeway, as you're not going to end your career in a choke, whereas an armbar or leg lock might be a different story.

The ref missed it, Massenzio didn't let up and its water under the bridge.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #19   1/4/09 11:45:30PM   

TheNatural915

MMA Regular

TheNatural915 Avatar

Career:56-33
Chips:
He tapped, same thing with the Amir fight he feels pain so he taps real quick but then tries to say he didn't. Quite frankly this is starting to get annoying but what else is new it's CB.

Post #20   1/5/09 7:31:13AM   

cmb19932

Banned

cmb19932 Avatar

Career:199-169
Chips:

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

and i say CB is the man, in a few yrs I want to see a third rematch of CB and Amir, I like them both and really enjoy watching their battles

they werent really battles were they

Post #21   1/5/09 8:10:35AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
you have to tap 3 times for it to be a tap out (as svatorm said here and i said in the other thread) so it wasn't a tap. was it a fake tap? possibly, a fake tap is an effective strategy. all i know is that it wasn't 3 taps, CB didn't look like he wanted to give in and Massenzio didn't loosen the hold. therefore, he didn't tap imo.

Post #22   1/5/09 2:17:49PM   

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
I'm with Massenzio on this one, I thought he tapped as well.

Post #23   1/5/09 4:24:59PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
I thought is instinct was to tap because that was pretty tight but then he moved his hips and thought better of it. It released a little pressure...but yeah he was struggling...did you see the oxygen depravation as his head/neck/shoulders all flushed red. He was working it. Props to him for getting out and "lucky' for him the ref didn't catch his tap. It's all good though because he merked him when he got out.

Post #24   1/5/09 6:42:36PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,961-1,046
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I'm going to agree with Ken Flo and Franklin McNeil and say CB tapped. He's beginning to make a good run at tapping and then winning.

Post #25   1/5/09 10:43:14PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2