Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 100 Fights (3/5 decided?)

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Has anyone heard officially that Rampage is getting the first shot at the belt?

I can't see how. In the most stacked div, why should he get shot after only one comeback fight? He said himself he wants Forrest next, not Rashad.

Edit: And let's not forget, Rampage might be "unable to defend" for 3-5 years

I say it should go to the winner of Thiago/Machida. One will remain undefeated and take on the undefeated Champ.

Last edited 1/3/09 4:11AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   1/3/09 2:36:12AM   

smcdonald

Learning to Sprawl

smcdonald Avatar

Career:795-504
Camp: Spear Dojo MMA
Chips:
Remember Silva said he wants to fight more often

Post #17   1/3/09 5:55:31AM   

Diamondback2

MMA Regular

Diamondback2 Avatar

Career:409-266
Chips:

Posted by smcdonald

Remember Silva said he wants to fight more often

As much as I am a Silva fan (he's my favorite fighter for the record), but he is really an unreliable source. He tends to say whatever hes thinking, he said he wants to fight more but when offered an earlier fight date for his fight with Leites is appears he is the one that wants it later as he said that April was too early...

Silva says one thing and does another alot, so with him now I don't pay that much attention to what he says in random interviews, sure I'll read it but it dosent hold water with me.

Just like the retiring thing, he is, he isnt, he is, he isnt...

Post #18   1/4/09 1:32:52PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
I dont think all belts will be on the line, the next few cards would not have a title match and the card would look bad.

Post #19   1/4/09 7:19:34PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by Diamondback2

Posted by Pitbull09

Mir/Lesnar- 7 months perfect timing
GSP/Alves- 6 months perfect timing
Penn/ Florian- 6 months perfect timing
Silva/Okami- For Okami it would be a 6 month wait and Silva could fight at LHW around march and be ready.
Rashad/ Jackson- Both fought same time, each have 7 months.

All these fights are alining for this.

That site doesn't seem to be all that great based off of the reading but i could be wrong.

Silva/Okami- Silva said he won't be ready to fight in April and he wants May at the EARLIEST so don't hold ur breath on march.

and as mentioned before that would be really stupid as UFC 98-99-101-102-103-104 would all have like no title fights. This idea makes no sense and I'm still calling bs

Edit: When you are factoring these timeframe are you remembering to factor in medical suspensions are is this thread based off the idea no one is going to be hurt at all in a fight before than?

If Silva doesnt fight til at least may, that helps this out. Also, it may be a lot of cards but there are easily two cards that could be great without the titles in them. Its not like we arnt use to having titles delayed with the WW, LW, and HW title in this past and current yr. I say if anything it helps make sure they are defended

Post #20   1/5/09 12:12:25AM   

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
There's no way it's going to take them that long to set up Mir vs. Brock 2.

Post #21   1/5/09 4:32:49PM   

jodybanman

Learning to Sprawl

jodybanman Avatar

Career:1,732-928
Chips:
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Dana White was quoted somewhere as saying there's no way all the titles will be on the line at UFC 100. He said there was no way you could get all 5 title fights on the main card, and there's no way they'd put a title fight on the undercard.

Anyways, here is one idea that I'd like to see at UFC 100:

4 man open weight tournament:

Royce Gracie-Ken Shamrock III

Kazushi Sakuraba-Frank Shamrock

As a guy who remembers watching UFC 1, I'd just like to see these guys in the UFC one more time. And Royce should be able to wear a gi just for old times sake.

Sakuraba may seem like an odd choice, but he actually got his first professional win in the UFC, and I've always wanted see him versus Frank, even though he'd more than likely get killed at this point.

Post #22   1/5/09 9:45:51PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2