Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 100 Fights (3/5 decided?)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
So we heard that the event will have all the belts on the line, so with 7 months left Im guessing these fights are set.

HW- Brock Lesnar (Champ) vs. Frank Mir (Interim Champ) II
LHW- Rashad Evans (Champ) vs. Rampage Jackson (Former Champ)
MW- Anderson Silva (Champ) vs. Yushin Okami II

I didnt post this to announce it but rather to discuss if everyone thinks these are the fights or they could possibly happen before UFC 100. I also think Rampage might want to fight Forest first before a title fight so it might be the winner of Thiago Silva/ Lyoto Machida.

Also, he are the situational fights
If GSP beats Penn (Best case scenario)
WW- George St. Pierre (Champ) vs. Thiago Alves
LW- B.J. Penn (Champ) vs. Kenny Florian

If B.J. wins I think he will defend his LW belt first against Florian so we will just have no WW fight and Thiago Alves gets screwed over.

So heres the possible card
HW- Brock Lesnar (Champ) vs. Frank Mir (Interim Champ)
LHW- Rashad Evans (Champ) vs. Rampage Jackson (Former Champ)
MW- Anderson Silva (Champ) vs. Yushin Okami II
WW- George St. Pierre (Champ) vs. Thiago Alves
LW- B.J. Penn (Champ) vs. Kenny Florian

Post #1   12/31/08 1:02:57PM   

browneye

BANNED

browneye Avatar

Career:189-122
Chips:
I think these are going to be the fights more than likely at UFC 100

Post #2   12/31/08 1:07:39PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Its Silva supposed to fight before that? I thought he was defending against Leites. Or are you just assuming he'll win and be defending again on that date? It's a pretty safe assumption. And I can't see Rashad or Rampage not fighting for more than 6 months. They'll proabably both fight by then. The same with Lesnar/Mir. Yeah it'd be huge and appropriate for the event, but I don't see them holding out that long. So really, these could all hypothetically be wrong. I think we'll have a better idea after January.

Post #3   12/31/08 1:16:28PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
I like your possible fight card, every fight except one...bj penn vs alves is my scenario.....not only am i a bj penn nuthugger, but i honestly do think that bj will earn a stoppage victory ( decision victory would go to gsp tho).....but thats a differnet thread for a differnet time.....i like that card alot....every fight on there would be an awesome matchup....the lhw fight alone is just a big ball of power colliding like the big bang theory, card alone might just create a new solar system :)

Post #4   12/31/08 1:18:45PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gsquat

Its Silva supposed to fight before that? I thought he was defending against Leites. Or are you just assuming he'll win and be defending again on that date? It's a pretty safe assumption. And I can't see Rashad or Rampage not fighting for more than 6 months. They'll proabably both fight by then. The same with Lesnar/Mir. Yeah it'd be huge and appropriate for the event, but I don't see them holding out that long. So really, these could all hypothetically be wrong. I think we'll have a better idea after January.

No, I was assuming if Silva fought it would prob be at LHW as he rotates and I think Dana Whtie wouldnt want to risk the title for him til that event.

Also, if they have Penn/ Alves, that fight is going to show why Penn shouldve stayed at LW cause Alves leg kicks are brutal.

Post #5   12/31/08 1:32:04PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wiggum

I like your possible fight card, every fight except one...bj penn vs alves is my scenario.....not only am i a bj penn nuthugger, but i honestly do think that bj will earn a stoppage victory ( decision victory would go to gsp tho).....but thats a differnet thread for a differnet time.....i like that card alot....every fight on there would be an awesome matchup....the lhw fight alone is just a big ball of power colliding like the big bang theory, card alone might just create a new solar system :)

A new solar system where MMA rules and Fedor, Silva, GSP, and Penn are given their own planets in their name. Hong Man Choi and Andy Wang can also be astriod debree

Post #6   12/31/08 1:35:53PM   

TheNatural915

MMA Regular

TheNatural915 Avatar

Career:56-33
Chips:
Has Dana confirmed any of this? Will there be every belt defended at UFC 100?

Post #7   12/31/08 2:01:08PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by TheNatural915

Has Dana confirmed any of this? Will there be every belt defended at UFC 100?

I really hope not. As much as I would love to see it, it would set up bad cards for a few following months.

Post #8   12/31/08 2:19:32PM   

RIGGINS

Learning to Sprawl

RIGGINS Avatar

Career:1,602-841
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
These are all fights that clearly WILL happen.
But according to when this event (UFC 100) would likely take place (roughly, JUNE) it is too long of a time to hold up the majority of the belts.
However - I think it would be a perfect time for Dana to start a tradition of having an "end-of-the-year"-type card at the halfway point. He could set the stage for a SUMMER SLUGFEST to happen in June of every year, and still have a December 'Blowout'.
I'm sure this wouldn't bother any of the UFC fans.

Post #9   12/31/08 3:27:13PM   

Diamondback2

MMA Regular

Diamondback2 Avatar

Career:409-266
Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

So we heard that the event will have all the belts on the line, so with 7 months left Im guessing these fights are set.

Link? I'm calling BS until i see a link.

Just guessing (as i haven't even heard a date for it, let alone fights) it should be in July, August area. Which brings up possible issues.

HW: Mir/Lesnar could happen than as Brock will be off medical suspensions and gives them time to train and whatnot. But Brock/Mir is HUGGGEEEE now!!! Honestly i would not be surprised to see this on UFC 100.

Possibility IMO: 65%

LHW: Rashad/Rampage seems to be the general consensus. But being both are in great shape and are under no medical suspensions i see this fight happening in April or May at the LATEST. It's a money fight and I'm sure the UFC would rather have Rampage with the belt before 100 if they are planning this thing. After medical suspensions and training camps this almost destroyed that possibility.

Possibility IMO: 10% (punches chance )

MW: Silva/Leites is all but signed. In April........ Silva is saying now he dosen't want to fight in April because he won't have enough time. That's a 4-5 month training camp. So if he fights in April which right now seems to be best case scenario for this to happen, he will have to win, not get suspended, schedule a match within like a week, train only about 3 months, than fight. If you look at Silva's UFC record he seems to prefer 5+ months to train for a fight. And being he was displeased with how many fights he was getting pre-Irvin i really doubt Silva is going to want to go 9-10 months without a fight by pushing back the Leites fight to July or August.

Possibility IMO: 2% (Sell/Smith type odds!!!)

WW: GSP or Penn vs Alves. Being Penn/GSP is at the end of Jan and i CANNOT see the winner walking away unharmed and probably looking at a 2-3 month suspension minimum in my eyes. So considering both tend to prefer 4 or so month training camps this would make this fight not even possible till July if ALOT of things go right.. Can happen but in my eyes i cant imagine the winner of GSP/Penn II getting less than a 4 month suspension which would push this fight back until until September so it will miss the July August deadline.

Possibility IMO: 30-40%

LW: Penn/Florian or if Penn vacates the belt Florian vs Diaz/Guida ;). Assuming BJ loses against GSP but dosen't get suspended too long this is the fight i could see happening more than any. But if BJ wins i have a feeling he will vacate the belt and than Florian will end up fighting the winner of Diaz/Guida. Barring any medical suspensions (and BJ tends not to bleed or bruise bad which will likely end up with him getting a shorter suspension than GSP) i think this is a very real possibility.

Possibility IMO: 90% (damn medical suspensions!)

I would not be suprised to see the LW, WW, and HW titles all on the line. I have a feeling the UFC will want GSP, Penn, and Lesnar on the same card. 3 of thier biggest draws. And i would not be suprised to see Liddell/Jardine or Liddell/Wandy II, or Liddell/Shogun. If they can have Chuck, Brock, GSP, and Penn all on the same card they will break PPV records for sure!

Just my 2 cents tho....

Last edited 12/31/08 8:09PM server time by Diamondback2
Edit note/reason: OMG I cannot spell!!!
4 total post edits

Post #10   12/31/08 5:06:15PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i doubt all belts will be on the line but i do think maybe 3 of them will be

welter
light
and i say heavy
also tuf coaches will fight bisping vs hendo/franklin as well

Post #11   12/31/08 8:13:53PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2000009.html

The link I read. It doesnt confirm it but we havnt seen any announced title fight other than GSP/ Penn in january. For the Rashad/ Rampage issue, Rampage has taken 6 months off before between fights as champ so I could see it happening. I dont see why they would want Rampage champ going into the event, as long as hes in the fight, it should be pretty much all the same as winner is champ.

Mir/Lesnar- 7 months perfect timing
GSP/Alves- 6 months perfect timing
Penn/ Florian- 6 months perfect timing
Silva/Okami- For Okami it would be a 6 month wait and Silva could fight at LHW around march and be ready.
Rashad/ Jackson- Both fought same time, each have 7 months.

All these fights are alining for this.

Post #12   1/1/09 3:43:52PM   

Shoo

Learning to Sprawl

Career:375-209
Chips:
No way that this happens. It would mean that UFC 98/99 and 101/102 would all at least be without a title decided.

They could be three, but I doubt even that, two for sure. WIth the remaining three fights all having significant implications on their respective divisions.

Post #13   1/1/09 10:08:34PM   

deezyo

MMA Regular

deezyo Avatar

Career:979-773
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
that would be the best mma card ever

Post #14   1/1/09 11:45:19PM   

Diamondback2

MMA Regular

Diamondback2 Avatar

Career:409-266
Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

Mir/Lesnar- 7 months perfect timing
GSP/Alves- 6 months perfect timing
Penn/ Florian- 6 months perfect timing
Silva/Okami- For Okami it would be a 6 month wait and Silva could fight at LHW around march and be ready.
Rashad/ Jackson- Both fought same time, each have 7 months.

All these fights are alining for this.

That site doesn't seem to be all that great based off of the reading but i could be wrong.

Silva/Okami- Silva said he won't be ready to fight in April and he wants May at the EARLIEST so don't hold ur breath on march.

and as mentioned before that would be really stupid as UFC 98-99-101-102-103-104 would all have like no title fights. This idea makes no sense and I'm still calling bs

Edit: When you are factoring these timeframe are you remembering to factor in medical suspensions are is this thread based off the idea no one is going to be hurt at all in a fight before than?

Last edited 1/2/09 3:12AM server time by Diamondback2
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   1/2/09 3:11:08AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2