Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

WAMMA Exclusive Interview in regards to Aoki/Alvarez For WAMMA Belt

Print  
Posted By Message

kastro_316

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
DreamFighters.com

DreamFighters.com: So Mike, it is official? The Eddie Alvarez v. Shinya Aoki fight is for the first ever WAMMA Undisputed World Lightweight Championship?

Michael Lynch: Yes, it is confirmed. WAMMA will officially be recognizing the winner of the Alvarez vs. Aoki match-up, which will take place December 31 in Saitama, Japan at the Saitama Super Arena during FEG’s “FieLDS Dynamtie!!”, as the inaugural WAMMA Undisputed World Lightweight Champion. The winner of the Alvarez vs. Aoki match-up will join WAMMA Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko as WAMMA’s second-ever undisputed champion. Emelianenko is scheduled to defend his title against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski during Affliction’s “Day of Reckoning” event on January 24 in Anaheim, California.

Post #1   12/29/08 2:02:01PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Awesome. WAMMA hands out another meaningless belt. I was wondering when this would happen.

Post #2   12/29/08 3:44:03PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
I wish all WAMMA news would be banned from this site

Post #3   12/29/08 5:11:06PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Awesome. WAMMA hands out another meaningless belt. I was wondering when this would happen.

I know it's absolutely a meaningless belt, but lets hope it leads to some big fights in 2009.

Post #4   12/29/08 5:21:12PM