Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Koscheck battling for shot at welterweight championship

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
It may not be Yankees-Red Sox or Celtics-Lakers, but a heated rivalry is about to be revisited in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA).

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/17/07 10:06:23AM   

DavidLee

Learning to Sprawl

DavidLee Avatar

Career:171-123
Camp: Bitch-Slap
Chips:
I think the winner deserves a title shot.

Post #2   3/17/07 10:17:27AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:
I agree. But who knows what the UFC has in store.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #3   3/17/07 10:22:59AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
I dont give koscheck a snowballs chance in hell.

Im not a fan of Sanchezs but most of the guys he has defeated lately (Diaz, Riggs, Parisyan) would all make Josh there bitch for the night!

Post #4   3/17/07 5:16:55PM   

wkm311

MMA Regular

wkm311 Avatar

Career:66-37
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:

Posted by randyleprechaun

I dont give koscheck a snowballs chance in hell.

Im not a fan of Sanchezs but most of the guys he has defeated lately (Diaz, Riggs, Parisyan) would all make Josh there bitch for the night!

we shall see....

Personally, I think Kos is going to make Sanchez his bitch. Kos will take him down at will and punish him.

Post #5   3/17/07 6:03:37PM   

FedorIsTheBest

Learning to Sprawl

FedorIsTheBest Avatar

Career:22-16
Camp: team stoppage
Chips:
Sanchez is gonna eat Koscheck's balls like they're nothing!

Post #6   3/18/07 1:14:07AM   

ronco_loid

Learning to Sprawl

ronco_loid Avatar

Career:1,273-761
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Sanchez will own Koscheck. I already have my wagers on it.

Post #7   3/18/07 3:05:18AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I'm not a fan of either fighter. However, they are both very skilled in their own rights.

I see this one coming to a decision. Diego has had a hard time finishing opponents. The Riggs fight was a lucky win and based off of a (close) controversial knee.

Koscheck has had better finishes, but has fought fighters lower on the pecking order.

I see this one going to decision.

As for the winner of this fight getting a title shot. Well, if the UFC gives Hughes a shot first, I see the winner of this fight having to fight one more fight before they get to fight GSP (er... I mean the winner of the putative GSP Hughes fight )

If Hughes does not get the immediate rubber match with GSP (which I don't think he deserves given his lack lustre performance against Lytle), I see Hughes fighting the winner of the Sanchez Koshcheck fight.

Personally, I just wan't Sanchez to fight GSP and get it over with. I am tired of hearing people whine about Diego getting a title shot.

Last edited 3/18/07 2:18PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/18/07 2:12:12PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

I'm not a fan of either fighter. However, they are both very skilled in their own rights.

I see this one coming to a decision. Diego has had a hard time finishing opponents. The Riggs fight was a lucky win and based off of a (close) controversial knee.

Koscheck has had better finishes, but has fought fighters lower on the pecking order.

I see this one going to decision.

As for the winner of this fight getting a title shot. Well, if the UFC gives Hughes a shot first, I see the winner of this fight having to fight one more fight before they get to fight GSP (er... I mean the winner of the putative GSP Hughes fight )

If Hughes does not get the immediate rubber match with GSP (which I don't think he deserves given his lack lustre performance against Lytle), I see Hughes fighting the winner of the Sanchez Koshcheck fight.

Personally, I just wan't Sanchez to fight GSP and get it over with. I am tired of hearing people whine about Diego getting a title shot.

Sanchez is 17-0. With 13 wins by either TKO or submission. I don't see that has having a hard time finishing opponets.

Josh is 8-1 with 5 wins by KO or submission. I think Sanchez is better at finishing.

Post #9   3/18/07 3:46:05PM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
I agree! Although i dont believe either fighter has a prayer against either GSP or Matt Hughes!

Post #10   3/18/07 7:47:02PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:

Posted by randyleprechaun

I agree! Although i dont believe either fighter has a prayer against either GSP or Matt Hughes!

i totally agree

Post #11   3/19/07 12:08:13AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by zephead
Sanchez is 17-0. With 13 wins by either TKO or submission. I don't see that has having a hard time finishing opponets.

Josh is 8-1 with 5 wins by KO or submission. I think Sanchez is better at finishing.

Look at their UFC records.

Sanchez (with the exception of the Riggs fight) has only won by decision against decent fighters.

His UFC record is 6-0 with 3 decisions and 3 TKOs.

Josh's is 6-1 with 2 decisions. His only loss was in a fight that he dominated.

I think Josh's MMA ability has improved at a greater rate than Diego's since the show.

Therefore, I say again, Diego's dominance and record are overrated and unless there is an error (someone slips or something) I see this one going to the judges.

Post #12   3/19/07 11:30:41AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by zephead

I agree. But who knows what the UFC has in store.

Who knows with the WW division man. Who thought they would bring Royce back to fight for the belt (even though it changed to 175).

I tihnk the title shots go Serra, Hughes ,Winner of Sanchez/Koscheck, then there are a ton of guys like Karo,Fitch, maybe even BJ who want a shot. Even though BJ has fallen short his last 2 fights i think if he gets bored a LW and wins that title he will jump to WW to unify them.

Its gonna be some good match ups in the near future for the WW division.

Post #13   3/19/07 12:08:21PM   

hollywood1978

Learning to Sprawl

hollywood1978 Avatar

Career:297-199
Camp: Team Big Where It Counts
Chips:
Kos has a way to go even if he wins. Sanchez on the other hand has earned the decision for me to stop doubting him. I don't think he is good enough to compete with Hughes, Penn, or GSP, but I have said he would lose every fight he's had in the UFC. I still gave Allesio the decision over Sanchez but I don't count according to the UFC. That's racial profiling if you ask me. UFC is holdin' me down yo!

Post #14   3/20/07 2:11:25AM