Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rampage Jackson Says He Didn't Ask For Fight With Wanderlei Silva, But He'll Take It

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
In our recent talk with him, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson said it wasn’t his idea to take on Wanderlei Silva in his first fight back in the UFC since losing his title in July. The fight he asked for? A rematch with Forrest Griffin. The UFC, apparently, had other plans for him.

“Fighting is my job. That’s how I look at it. I didn’t ask for Wanderlei. I wanted a rematch with Forrest. But I don’t get to pick my fights. I fight the ones they give me, and they’re giving me Wanderlei.”

LINK

Post #1   12/23/08 12:56:34AM   

MrMcMachoman

Learning to Sprawl

MrMcMachoman Avatar

Career:281-214
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
Its bound to pay off big , win or loose.
I like Jackson's attitude. Hes gotta fight who they give em. especialy after loosin.
Noyone deserves to pick their own opponents.

Also, did Chuck Liddell get a rematch right away when he lost the belt ? hell no
and neither should Jackson regardless of how close the match was.
Hes got to earn it.

Right now Evans deserves the shot, and if Silva wins, maybe hes next instead of Rampage.

Post #2   12/23/08 4:04:06PM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:
Funny, cause I read an interview with Dana that said Rampage had handed Joe Silva a list of people he wanted to fight and Silva was at the top.

Post #3   12/25/08 3:12:52PM   

MrMcMachoman

Learning to Sprawl

MrMcMachoman Avatar

Career:281-214
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
I betcha Rashad Evans is on that list.

Post #4   12/28/08 8:28:07PM