Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

New Info On TUF 5

Print  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

LINK
SpikeTV.com has launched a section of its Web site devoted to the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.

The section contains detailed biographies of the 16 lightweights who will compete on the show. This season’s crop of 155-pounders range from the novice (Allen Berube at 2-1 and Gray Maynard at 3-0) to the veteran (Brian Geraghty at 24-9-2).

There’s also a flipbook showing 25 photos of the cast members and coaches (B.J. Penn and Jens Pulver) as they fight invisible men.

As I mentioned earlier today, the cast includes Gray Maynard, Matt Wiman, Robert Emerson, Nathan Diaz, Noah Thomas, Marlon Sims, Cole Miller, Gabe Ruediger, Brian Geraghty, Brandon Melendez, Andy Wang, Manvel Gambaryan, Corey Hill, Wayne Weems, Alan Berubie and Joe Lauzon.

The Ultimate Fighter 5 debuts on April 5 at 8 p.m. ET. on Spike TV.

The Ultimate Fighter 5 Will Feature Two Teams of Fighters
Posted by UFC Junkie on March 15, 2007 at 11:00 am ET
The latest “all-lightweights” season of The Ultimate Fighter will feature two teams of fighters — not 16 fighters training and competing individually, as some fans speculated — according to an official press release from the UFC and Spike TV.

Granted, this is a minor point and barely news, but like other fans, I wondered if the 16 155-pound fighters might train as individuals while spending equal amounts of time with the show’s two coaches: Jens Pulver and B.J. Penn, two former UFC champs.

However, it appears that, as in seasons’ past, the 16 fighters will be broken into two teams of eight while training under one coach.

Post #1   3/16/07 9:13:56AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,381-1,565
Chips:
hm.. i hope alan berubie does better than he did when i saw him get knocked out by jonathan brookins in 19 seconds

Post #2   3/16/07 10:41:00AM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
it seems like a real good cast i know alot of these names and i love the 155's they are just fast and never stop going. from what dana has said so far this should be the best year yet. very happy to have tuf 5 how fast they are coming and i never get tired of watching it. not trying to nuthug but all the free mma ufc gives us i thank them mad.

Post #3   3/16/07 12:16:37PM