Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

thales leites v anderson in feb?

Print  
Posted By Message

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
so i guess at the FFTT Q&A dana mention thales being under strong consideration to fight andeerson next?

is anyone else surpised/ pissed?

what has thales done.....sure he is on a 5 win streak, but his best opponent was nate, who really won that fight (i know a w is a w, but getting whooped and then winning by a point deduction...)

i know its the weakest division next to HW, but there have to be some better fights.....

rematch:
hendo (yes he will be busy in jan and possible months after for TUF) who knows what round 3 would have looked like
nate the great- much rather see a nate the great rematch

Bisping- not the biggest fan, but he must at least be more marketable?
maia- maybe a bit early for him, but his BJJ makes up for his lack of stricking. i really like damien and would much rather see him get the nod

also if okami beats lister decisivily, and avoid serious injury...he MUST be next....

im sure there are other deserving Middle weights.... and if not... have the spider go back to 205 untill there is a clear contender ( i know they dont want to hold up the belts more then they already are... but this is one of the few times i wouldnt mind it)

thoughts?

i will try and find a link to confirm white's statements

Post #1   12/10/08 3:16:23PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I would rather see a title fight with anderson silva vs thales than see anderson go up to 205.

Post #2   12/10/08 3:20:32PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
yeah, i think that was a bit of a poor option there.....

hendo is tied up till january, then with tuf

okami i think is the true deserving fighter for the next shot....but if hes fighting in febuarary and okami is fighting soon, that is not an ideal turnaround for okami to fight silva...fighters do it, but not when your facing silva, you need the full 8 weeks for that

lietes, yeah, i think sooner or later he would be fighting for the belt, but i dont think he deserves the shot right now....he lost to nate, i dont believe in that "win is a win crap", ha jk......other than that, he has no big wins....hes got a great ground game and good enough stand up to bang on the feet with most.....but silva is better everywhere the fight goes..even on the ground i believe

nate i dont think deserves a rematch yet....he got pretty handled last time and has beat some good fighters since, but i think he needs one more fight before hand

i personally believe that demian miaea deserves the title shot before lietes....hes beat better competition than lietes has (nate fight aside)...hes ground game is waaayyyy better than, well, anybody right now it seems...his stand up sucks, but has improved greatly from fight to fight....and he just defeated a former title challenger, albiet quarry, pretty decisively

bisping would be a better choice..hes destroying everyone and is a legit contender right now, but he needs a stiff test first, which he'll get after the next season of tuf

so what do we get? another situation like cote, a guy that was a good run and most likely was going to get a shot eventually but just got bumped up sooner cuz okami isnt avialable.....that is if this match is true

Post #3   12/10/08 3:36:46PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i agree
i would rather see a title fight against a leites or maia then have him go up to 205 fight and stall another division of a title shot like the welter and light weight flux

Post #4   12/10/08 3:56:52PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
I would rather see countless opponents before Leites.

-Henderson
-Marquardt
-Bisbing
-Maia
-Okami

Post #5   12/10/08 4:17:09PM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:2,606-1,473
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by higdon10

-Henderson
-Marquardt
-Bisbing
-Maia
-Okami

okami and maia are more deserving than leites

Post #6   12/10/08 10:15:50PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by mrkennedy

Posted by higdon10

-Henderson
-Marquardt
-Bisbing
-Maia
-Okami

okami and maia are more deserving than leites

I disagree. Leites has looked impressive. I think he's as deserving as Maia, but Okami should be next in line.

Post #7   12/10/08 11:38:39PM   

TheNatural915

MMA Regular

TheNatural915 Avatar

Career:56-33
Chips:

Posted by higdon10

-Henderson
-Marquardt
-Bisbing
-Maia
-Okami

I agree Silva vs. Leites doesn't make much sense, Leites is good but is NO WHERE NEAR the skill of Silva, I rather see Maia

Post #8   12/11/08 10:17:10AM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
Okami should be next in line.....Maia vs. Leites to find who should follow Okami.

I think the only reason that Okami hasn't gotten a shot yet, just like Machida, is because he isn't very marketable. He is one of my favorite fighters to watch but honestly his fights won't excite some of the fans that watch the UFC. I think the match itself would be marketable because it was Andy Silva's last "loss" but the chance of having Okami as a title holder must scare the crap out of Dana.

Post #9   12/12/08 7:21:35AM   

ToeZup

Standup Guy

ToeZup Avatar

Career:310-202
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:
I guess you have to give Thales a shot. he does have 5 straight wins with one over Nate who lost to Silva. Plus Yushin only has 2 straight wins and has a loss to Franklin who lost to Silvia. So I can see why Thales is a good choice even though it might not seem so at first.

Post #10   12/12/08 9:17:41AM