Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Black Christmas In Store For Gono

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Christmas cheer will be in short supply for UFC welterweight Akihiro Gono (29-13-7) this year, according to his recent blog posts.

Gono, whose last fight was a decision loss to Dan Hardy at UFC 89, says he is “being affected by the worldwide financial crisis”.

He explained that, after bringing friends to the UK at his own expense and then losing to Hardy, he went on a shopping spree to cheer himself up.

But plummeting exchange rates meant he was “shocked to see the invoice from my credit card company. The amount was more than I had in my account”.

With the Japanese yen at a low against the dollar, Gono found himself losing out on $0.25 for every dollar he changed.

“I could visit a luxury ‘soapland’ (brothel) more than 10 times with the money I lost,” he fumed.

But ever the joker, he added: “I have no money and no girlfriend this winter. I'll spend my free time downloading Christmas songs at home."

Gono, a veteran of Pride FC, Shooto and Pancrase, is 1-1 in the UFC after winning his debut against Tamdan McCrory.

LINK

Post #1   12/9/08 1:03:10PM   

missypie

MMA Regular

missypie Avatar

Career:991-569
Chips:
Put him on the upcoming Ohio card asap for his sake and mine.

Post #2   12/9/08 1:40:39PM