Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Exclusive: Patrick Cote Goes In For Surgery, Says He Will Beat Silva

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

I know that your lover Crocop is no longer able to win anything other than 2$ at the lottery and you are sad about it but you should take a real look at Cote's fights before calling the shot on his world class category !!
Do you still watching the UFC ?? Or you are dreaming about Kimbo's return !! lol

Cote is an A class fighter, something like 3 class higher than your idol Crocop who is probably down to D- !!

WAR Cote !!!

The fact that your allowed to post is baffling, and the fact that you resort to attacking fighters that have nothing to do with the conversation shows you have no valid points to make, so why post?

Post #16   12/8/08 7:00:35PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,043-1,044
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

I know that your lover Crocop is no longer able to win anything other than 2$ at the lottery and you are sad about it but you should take a real look at Cote's fights before calling the shot on his world class category !!
Do you still watching the UFC ?? Or you are dreaming about Kimbo's return !! lol

Cote is an A class fighter, something like 3 class higher than your idol Crocop who is probably down to D- !!

WAR Cote !!!

The fact that your allowed to post is baffling, and the fact that you resort to attacking fighters that have nothing to do with the conversation shows you have no valid points to make, so why post?

You see an attack everywhere my friend, i am talking to you not to Crocop, i use Crocop to show you what it is to see a guy posting that a fighter that you like is a B level fighter when it is totally false.
Cote is 2nd best fighter in Canada being GSP, i agree that he is not close to GSP but 2nd anyways.

Cote is Top 3 UFC MW ranking, and last time i check the UFC where still the top organization in the world with the overwhelming majority of top fighters, so every time Cote fought in the octogon it was not against pure can like we know happen very often in other organization.

He deserved his fight against Silva and according to what we say he would have lost a decision without any trouble, and against all odds, if his knee would have not blew.

Last edited 12/8/08 8:40PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   12/8/08 7:15:01PM   

Princeofpunk

Banned

Career:401-243
Chips:
We'll never know if cote could have scored that KO, but I'll say this, if given another chance i see it happening. Silva was a total ass in that fight, he looked like crap and fought a terrible fight. I hope his next fight he does a lot better then that because if he doesn't he'll be sleeping with the fishes....See

Post #18   12/8/08 8:40:13PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by Princeofpunk

We'll never know if Silva could have scored that KO, but I'll say this, if given another chance i see it happening.

There, fixed it for ya

But seriously, Anderson was so pissed after this performance that if he faced Cote again, he would destroy him. Dana said that he was so mad that he wanted to fight at 91. I feel sorry for his next opponent.

Post #19   12/8/08 9:39:15PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by Princeofpunk

We'll never know if cote could have scored that KO, but I'll say this, if given another chance i see it happening. Silva was a total ass in that fight, he looked like crap and fought a terrible fight. I hope his next fight he does a lot better then that because if he doesn't he'll be sleeping with the fishes....See

ponder this for a second, anderson set up that injury with that front kick to the knee earlier in the fight.....yes thats possible to do

your disregarding the skills of the spider, so what if he dances around and uses feints, thats part of the game buddy

i suggest you consider not talking smack about a living legend and p4p great

Post #20   12/8/08 10:47:51PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

WAR Cote !!!

You see an attack everywhere my friend, i am talking to you not to Crocop, i use Crocop to show you what it is to see a guy posting that a fighter that you like is a B level fighter when it is totally false.
Cote is 2nd best fighter in Canada being GSP, i agree that he is not close to GSP but 2nd anyways.

Cote is Top 3 UFC MW ranking, and last time i check the UFC where still the top organization in the world with the overwhelming majority of top fighters, so every time Cote fought in the octogon it was not against pure can like we know happen very often in other organization.

He deserved his fight against Silva and according to what we say he would have lost a decision without any trouble, and against all odds, if his knee would have not blew.

I was gonna stoop low and give you a sherdog-style flaming...

But then I saw your from Canada, which KINDA explains the Favortism towards Cote...I still think you are too generous with your praise of him, but hell, I have an Anderson Silva avatar, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

To each their own I guess

Post #21   12/9/08 2:06:37AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,860-1,571
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
You guys are all haters!!! Cote for Champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #22   12/9/08 2:18:54AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:

Posted by sparky

You guys are all haters!!! Cote for Champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, another one...

Oh wait, your from Canada too, nevermind...

I don't get it...there's tons of american fighters I dislike, and my 3 favorite fighters aren't from the US...Don't get me wrong, I have alot of american fighters I like too, but I don't heap praise onto a fighter just because he's american...

Oh well...I guess canadians are different..

Again, to each their own I guess

Post #23   12/9/08 2:34:39AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by nickcuc547

the more i see of cote the more i dislike him. the guy is a b level fighter and got the shot because he was hot at the right time. then he goes into the fight and thinks he's great because he took silva to the third round, but there's one problem, he inflicted no damage at all on the spider. how can somebody be so cocky like that just because they pressed forward all fight and landed next to nothing. ya he can take a shot, but come on he wasn't beating silva, he wasn't even close, no matter how long he lasted.

Silva didn't inflict any damage either man, i don't think a B level fighter would have been so fresh after 2 rd with Silva !!
Cote is a world class fighter and he didn't win his championship fight in a cracker jack box !! He beat Almeida who was supposed to submit Cote in 3 sec according to the greatest brains out here , if a remember correctly !!

He is a B level fighter and he hardly even beat Almeida, i don't think he deserved that decision much less his title shot. i think it was obvious that anderson was toying with him. He could have put him away at any time. It was a waste of a fight and the thought of a rematch makes me cringe. The guys isn't very good and anderson is the best

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2
Photo Attachment 3

Last edited 12/9/08 2:47AM server time by bjj1605

Post #24   12/9/08 2:39:18AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Although technically Denis Kang was born in France, he was raised in Canada since he was 11. I think he's the #2 Canadian, and he's going to show the US what we've been missing at UFC 93.

Post #25   12/9/08 2:50:53AM   

LostBoyTed

Learning to Sprawl

Career:776-507
Chips:
let call a spade a spade here. cote got a title shot becuase there was nobody there to challenge silva that hadn't recently been beat by him. a win against a couple of mid carders at best and almeida (who only recently had made his eturn) by no means in a real ranking sytem would earn you a shot at the champ. i am by no means a belive in the old saying "to be the champ you have to beat the champ" but the fact of the matter is cote had to beat silva of he wanted the belt. all silva had to do to keep it was do what he did..engage ascore some points and back out. i'm not saying cote is a chud but if you don't beat a top 5er when you are not top 5 you shouldn't be fighting the champ. but he had his shot...and clearly cote is a good striker and silva is clearly no dummy. anyone can be ko'd on any given day so i'm sure silva chose to respect cotes strike ability rather than stand in there and risk getting ko'd. as far as cote lasting longer than anyone else so he is now all of a sudden the best fighter silva has faced....come on now...didn't lutter actually get a take down? and according to the pros...din't hendo win rd 1? cote lost both rds without question. it lasted as long as it did because silva dansed around and made it go to the 3rd. if cote hadn't gotten hurt it would have gone to the 4th or even the 5th if the champ wanted it to. and anyone who thinks it was cote who carried the fight that long and wanted it to go to the later rds so he can knock silva out is insane or the biggest homer fan of all time. just wondering..does anybody even know who cote beat to win his TKO MW belt? and how he ended up in a title match? he beat 3 bums and Loiseau vacated the title to fight in the ufc. Cote wasn't even in the title contention picture at the time Loiseau left. so ppleae..let back off the whole cote is god bul crap. anyways...back to cote carrying the fight...nobody would take that chance if they had the opportunity to end it earlier. especially not if cote was gonna continue to engage or try to engage the way he did. if anyone was trying to drag it to the later rds and go for the ko it was silva...equally stupid plan. cote had a shot it's over. if the ufc wants to give him another...hopefully he'll have to fight and beat at worst case...whoever is #3 if not #2.

Post #26   12/9/08 4:26:56AM   

LostBoyTed

Learning to Sprawl

Career:776-507
Chips:
the ufc doesn't even have a ranking system so it hard to say who ranks where definitively. but lets be honest here for a second...not knowing if ace and hendo are gonna sta at 205 or come back to 185...and takinginto consdieration that cote was a kinda last minute replacement for okami who was nex tin line according to dana and crew but got hurt. where does cote really place....

1 Silva
2-3 Franklin
3-2 Henderson
4 Okami (you don't lose ranking point due to injury unless there is more money to be made with another matchup)
5 -6 Marquardt
6-5 Leites

7 ?? Maia 10-0 (4 win streak..Quarry, McD, Herman, Jensen ...didn't 4 get cote a shot at the title? Maia's 4 are in the same boat as cotes'...scott smith, grove, mcfedries and almeida)

and there's ....Palhares 17-1....Bisping (getting a push) 18-1....

oh yeah and now we have...kang, filho and lawlor

with all these guy in the mix. and considering their records and the opponents these guy have all faced and beat compared to the guys cote has beat and some of the guys he's lost to....is he really top 3-5?? i all honestly don't think so. and i'm canadian, from quebec, living less than an hour from where cote does alot of his training so no...i'm not a canadian hater.

with a REAL ranking system i think he's maybe 9 or 10.

Last edited 12/9/08 5:06AM server time by LostBoyTed

Post #27   12/9/08 4:54:57AM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:
In my opinion I think Cote got alot more respect from Silva then most of the guys here give him

if he is a B level fighter he is a damn good one, I didn't see Silva hurrying into big exchanges with Cote, and why would Cote chase a striker as great as Silva..

Silva didn't attack like he normally does in round 2 because Cote hits hard and can take a hard shot as seen, these are the same knees and punches that ended the fight countless times before.

was Silva waiting for the later rounds to really engage I believe that was the plan.. why ?? maybe because Silva was concerned about the power of Cote in the early rounds and wanted to stack the deck in his favor

and Yes I am Canadian and no I am not a Cote nut hugger

I think the real fire works of that fight were coming in round 4 and 5 it is a shame we never got to see them as people would be talking different about that fight

J M O

Post #28   12/9/08 8:14:44AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I really like Patrick, I like his confidence and his style. I also like how hes constantly improving and getting smarter with every fight. Who cares that his win over Ricardo was "close"? Everybody was saying he didnt stand a chance and he proved most people wrong. Ricardos a top fighter man, dont expect many people to beat him and for it not to be close.

The way i see it, Andersons on another level to Cote, but thats fine becouse hes on another level to everybody in the MW division. At the end of the day though, cote has the best chin in MMA not including Hunt. Im sure Anderson hit him with 2 of his best shots in that fight, i mean you could see when he was throwing them he put everything into them, and Cote hardly even responded to it. If he can take Anderson all 5 rounds, mabeys he'll land that one huge punch and put Anderson away. I cant see it, becouse the spider also has an absolute granite chin. But you never know.

I think cotes gotta say shit like this, to keep interest in the rematch and make sure he doesnt fall right back down the ladder while hes recovering. Imo he deserves another pop.

Post #29   12/9/08 9:00:10AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,284-1,543
Chips:
I think Cote can do it. Silva brought the bar up a little higher...now the fighters are catching up.
Cote can do it....as can a few others....Silva will go down soon enough.

Post #30   12/9/08 11:51:59AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4