Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rumour: A. Silva vs Luiz Cane could headline UFC 95

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Rampage200

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva could be about to face off against rising light heavyweight star Luiz Cane in the main event at UFC 95 in London, England.

Continued...

Post #1   12/7/08 9:00:19AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Would be an interesting fight. Anderson's reach and footwork would probably easily win the day, but if he got inside on Cane there could be some punishment dished out from the other side. Still, I see Anderson taking this fight with ease.

Post #2   12/7/08 9:52:34AM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
Wow what a wast of a fight on Anderson's contract. The only LHW fights any of us want to see Anderson fight are against big names and not to take any thing away from Cane but he just isn't it.

Post #3   12/7/08 11:32:13AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by motorboatensob

Wow what a wast of a fight on Anderson's contract. The only LHW fights any of us want to see Anderson fight are against big names and not to take any thing away from Cane but he just isn't it.

He would be a huge name if he knocked Anderson out!

Post #4   12/7/08 11:38:02AM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Amen to that. I would love to see this fight and hate it all at the same time. I really like both of these guys. Silva being my favorite fighter. Cane might be running into a buzzsaw here. Other than Franklin this could be the best striker he( Silva) has faced. Cane is stright bad ass. Man i can't wait to find out if this is really on or not.

Last edited 12/7/08 12:17PM server time by bls1919
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   12/7/08 12:16:20PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,384-1,742
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
I think it could be a good fight, but there are a lot better fights that could be made.

Post #6   12/7/08 12:27:08PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I think Luiz stands a better chance than people give him. But on that note I dont see the fight happening.

Post #7   12/7/08 1:49:33PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
WOW! I hope this fight goes down. I don't think a lot of people realize how tough Cane is. This guy is a killer......and if I'm not mistaken I remember reading there is some bad blood between these two from when Anderson was with Chute Boxe. I was wondering who Cane was going to get next, if this is the case.....oh my!

Post #8   12/7/08 2:42:54PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
I kinda thought that he'd be facing one of the losers of the 2 LHW fights on the 27th, mainly because all of those guys are big names. That probably will still happen, but this would be a very intriguing fight. I'd probably pick Anderson, but you had better believe that I'd hesitate for awhile before I did.

Post #9   12/7/08 2:45:34PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by crushedbacon

WOW! I hope this fight goes down. I don't think a lot of people realize how tough Cane is. This guy is a killer......and if I'm not mistaken I remember reading there is some bad blood between these two from when Anderson was with Chute Boxe. I was wondering who Cane was going to get next, if this is the case.....oh my!

I think maybe you're confusing him with Thiago Silva. There is bad blood between Cane and Thiago Silva

Post #10   12/7/08 2:46:49PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Yeah was it Thiago? What is it about again, it was awhile ago I was reading about it.......that would be another great match up down the road though, wow.

Post #11   12/7/08 2:53:11PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i hope not
i would rather see cane fight jardine or lidell

Post #12   12/7/08 6:58:42PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I think Luiz stands a better chance than people give him. But on that note I dont see the fight happening.

I agree he has a lot of talent and a granite chin but I dont think it will happen, I knew this guy would be great soon but if he beats or KO's Anderson he goes from virtual no name to nuthugger bandwagon overnight.

EDIT: Yeah I think they'll make the Jardine vs Cane or Thiago vs Cane (grudge match) before Anderson vs Cane.

Last edited 12/7/08 7:05PM server time by EvenFlow

Post #13   12/7/08 7:03:26PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I never heard about bad blood between Cane and Thiago. That would be an amazing fight. Right now the LHW division is exploding with talent. I actually hope Cane doesn't fight Anderson...it could derail his rise to the top of the LHW ladder. You guys might think i'm on some good sticky but i see a TITLE fight between Lyoto Machida and Luiz Author Cane late 09'. Maybe i am having a "PIPE" dream but it's a good one isn't it?!?!

Last edited 12/7/08 8:07PM server time by bls1919

Post #14   12/7/08 8:06:49PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Though, Cane seems focused and ready for Sokoudjou, he seemed more focused on old foes and comfortable to speak to us about them. "Of course. I'll fight anybody that the UFC puts in front of me. It doesen't matter to me if it is another Brazilian. This is a sport where we must fight to see who is the toughest. But I'm going to keep winning until I'm recognized enough to ask for a fight against Thiago Silva. We were supposed to fight in the Fury FC but it didn't work out because of injury problems he had and management problems." Banha wasn't hesitant to say that there is plently of bad blood between him and both Thiago Silva and Wanderlei Silva, as well. "Back when Thiago Silva won the Fury FC title, Wanderlei Silva was in his corner. And in his post comments, he has said many negative things about me and said that I was ducking him. Wanderlei Silva also made a comment about me ducking him (Thiago). Ever since then, I lost my admiration for Chute Box. Me and my family and friends worked real hard. I had to deal with a lot of my friends and family passing away. Now that I'm in the UFC, I will make them proud."

When asked Cane when he sees a fight with Thiago taking place, Cane was more hopeful rather than making predictions. "I wish it could be tomorrow", he said with a laugh. "But Thiago is a great fighter. He proved himself in the UFC. I still have to do that. Now that I get to fight in England in a month and on the main card, I will take full advantage of that and dominate Sokoudjou. Then I'll keep training hard and winning until I get a fight with Thiago Silva. I hope to fight both Thiago and Wanderlei because I know that I could beat both of them and show them I don't duck anyone. I'm going to make so much noise in the UFC and in this sport, that everyone will know who Banha is. I refuse to go unrecognized any longer."

That's the story behind the bad blood. As far asthe fight goes, I think it could potentially be a barn-burner. It could also be an early night for Silva as he seemed to struggle at finding the distance against Soku, and controlling the distance is something Anderson Silva is particularly good at. Luiz would probably be picked apart on the outside but if he ever got inside on Silva he could do some serious damage. I don't think this will be the fight.

Unfortunately Chuck doesn't want to fight Silva either. Personally I'd like to see him fight the loser of Rampage vs Silva.

Last edited 12/7/08 11:36PM server time by Wolfenstein

Post #15   12/7/08 9:36:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2