Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anthony Torres' replacement is..

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,381-1,565
Chips:
Rich Clementi (instead of torres) vs Roan Carneiro

[L]=http://www.graciemag.com/?c=144&a=6611]source[/L]

Clementi vs Jucão in UFC
Clash takes place April 5th

“Hot off the presses, first hand,” bellows the voice of Roan "Jucão" Carneiro from the other end of the line, in Rio de Janeiro. "My opponent has changed for my debut in the UFC, on the 5th of April. It will be Rich Clementi. The Hawaiian injured himself, seems to have fallen off his board," jokes the Brazilian Top Team fighter.

Despite the sudden substitution of Anthony Torres (5w, 0l) for the more experienced Rich Clementi (24w, 11l and 1d), Jucão bets on the change being for the better. “The guy is a more recognized name. I’m gonna go after him with all I’ve got, since I want to make an impression in my first fight in the octagon. His nickname is ‘No Love’, mine is ‘Make Love’", the 77kg fighter antagonizes.

The substitution did not provoke drastic changes in the Brazilian’s training: “The Hawaiian is good on the ground, Clementi is more of a standup guy. I will trade standing a little, of course, but I will not break from my Jiu-Jitsu. I am going to watch the American's fights over the coming days, but I know he is moving up in weight, and he has fought well-known competition, among them Caol Uno, Marcus Aurélio… I am training hard, yesterday I sparred at Nobre Art gym with instructor Cláudio Coelho, who is helping me a lot. And, like some athletes, I still train some with Master Paulo Nikolai,” the ADCC 2005 qualifying champion tells GRACIEMAG.com, with no illusions about the invites to the submission grappling tournament this year.

“I am very focused on the UFC and I think, honestly, they will not invite me. If they call me up I’ll go. After Ultimate Fight Night 9 I will go to Europe to spend some time with my students. Either way, the BTT will always be well-represented in the ADCC: Toquinho, for example, in the 87kg division, is a monster. You ain’t seen nothing yet, he will give you all a lot to talk about, take it from me,” he closes.

Post #1   3/14/07 1:05:19PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
That match just got harder to pick, Rich is like a gatekeeper for LW. So it's hard to guess how someone is going to do against him. And Roan has a win over Horwich... which is better than any win Rich has, but Roan is thinking Rich's bread and butter is his standup, which it isn't, unless rich is afraid to roll with Roan. Blah... so hard to pick a winner.

Post #2   3/14/07 1:43:29PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Yeah, alot harder!
What weight will this fight be at? Because I thought Torres - Roan would be at MW and Clementi is a LW right?
Maybe it'll be at 170 but I think Carneiro will be too big for Rich no matter the weight. I'll probably take Carneiro by decision but it will be a tough one to call.

Post #3   3/14/07 10:37:45PM   

taz3423

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,911-1,115
Chips:
Nice I wonder when they're going to update the event with all the other changes as well.

Post #4   3/15/07 8:56:17AM