Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Laptop Question

Print  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
So I bought a laptop and stepped on it in a drunken stumble to my room after a late night of beer pong. I tried to return it but the LCD is shattered.

I'm using its monitor out because I have an LCD monitor.

But here's my question. The screen of the laptop is in my way so I want to saw it off. I'm not in any danger of ruining the laptop right? The only cords going to the screen portion of the laptop are for the screen and won't affect it's performance using the monitor out capabilities correct?

Thanks in advance

Last edited 12/5/08 3:33AM server time by kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/5/08 3:33:07AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:
Well, I've never tried to saw one off, that for sure. But I'd be willing to bet that if you take apart what is left og the moniter there should be a spot to simply disconnect the picture signal. Then maybe you can test it out using the LCD with the picture signal not running to the laptop screen. If that works I'd guess you can probably do away with the rest of the broken screen.

Don't take my word for it, I've never done it for myself. Just seams like a good place to start.

Good Luck!

Post #2   12/5/08 6:21:55AM   

lochie

MMA Regular

lochie Avatar

Career:28-32
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Umm if your saying the keyboard still works and shit but your using a different monitor umm yess if your saw it of it will affect the rest of the laptop best beat is to pull it apart take it to someone that noes what there dong and if they **** it sideways even more than make them pay for it unless they have conditions and shit if i answered what you weret talking about hopefully i help other than that bro good luck and need any more help send me a PM not to tryign to sound like a tri hard just lending a hand :) If i didnt answer it than sorry ahha

cheers lochie

Post #3   12/5/08 6:32:16AM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

So I bought a laptop and stepped on it in a drunken stumble to my room after a late night of beer pong. I tried to return it but the LCD is shattered.

I'm using its monitor out because I have an LCD monitor.

But here's my question. The screen of the laptop is in my way so I want to saw it off. I'm not in any danger of ruining the laptop right? The only cords going to the screen portion of the laptop are for the screen and won't affect it's performance using the monitor out capabilities correct?

Thanks in advance

Kpro.....YOU STAB WATER BEDS!!!......and your afraid of a laptop screen???

Do what real men do and rip the screen off already!

Sorry everyone else is telling you the logical thing to do, you needed someone to sit on the opposite shoulder telling you bad things.

I will leave you with a quote....an ancient chinese proverb I believe.....

"If it ain't broke......fix it till it is!"

Post #4   12/5/08 8:13:55AM   

beerman77

Banned

beerman77 Avatar

Career:374-225
Chips:
what kind of lap top is it?? you cn probally get a new screen on ebay for cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Inspiron-6000-Laptop-screen-LCD-panel-monitor_W0QQitemZ260324976767QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260324976767&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
look at the link

Post #5   12/6/08 10:10:41PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Actually if you do that you will not be able to use the computer. It will default to an error telling you that the lcd is not working. You will get a beep error code probably three sets of three beeps. If you can't get it fixed, it would be best to just break off all the glass but keep the wiring connected. I work for a computer company doing phone support. If it makes you feel better, you are not the first person to step on their computer. Probably not even the first this week.

Post #6   12/7/08 4:31:04AM