Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

One Round Too Many - An in depth look at rematches

Print  
Posted By Message

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:

The holidays are full of repetition. Turkey on Thanksgiving, turkey on Christmas; socks from mom, socks from grandma; Charlie Brown learning, for the 53rd consecutive time, that he needs a more supportive group of friends.

Increasingly, things aren’t looking too different in the cage. After beefing up its roster with international talent and surprisingly adept “Ultimate Fighter”-bred participants, the UFC has returned to the photocopy machine, signing or reportedly considering matches that have already been definitively decided on multiple occasions.

I guess the writer from Sherdog seems to think a little different than me when it comes to the opinion that Wandy Rampage, Chuck Randy, and even Faber Pulver would make a good rematch.

link

Last edited 12/1/08 7:25PM server time by PaleHorse
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/1/08 6:53:09PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
I, for one, am very excited about the Rampage/Wandy fight, especially as a #3 fight on a card that is giving us two intriguing title fights and not much else other than Lister/Okami (which should be on the main card over CB, by the way).

I'm not as excited about Couture/Liddell, especially because they'll use that fight - and that fight only - to promote a card. The best part about it is that it'll probably be in June in Germany if it happens, and I'm sure that the German fans will embrace getting to see the finale of one of the greatest fight series in the sport's history.

Pulver vs. Faber doesn't make sence for either fighter. Jens has lost two in a row. He doesn't deserve to face Faber right now. Faber should face somebody that actually has a shot to beat him.

Post #2   12/1/08 7:35:52PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016
Pulver vs. Faber doesn't make sence for either fighter. Jens has lost two in a row. He doesn't deserve to face Faber right now. Faber should face somebody that actually has a shot to beat him.

It makes no sense at all. But who else are they going to give Faber?

Post #3   12/1/08 7:57:54PM   

Jim_Dangle

Banned

Career:87-44
Chips:
These rematches are jokes unless one guy is champion and the other is a deserving #1 contender.

Post #4   12/1/08 9:52:56PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by Jim_Dangle

These rematches are jokes unless one guy is champion and the other is a deserving #1 contender.

Care to elaborate?

Post #5   12/1/08 10:57:18PM   

ThePlague

O&A party rock

ThePlague Avatar

Career:1,363-780
Chips:
I wish I could read a Sherdog article without getting the constant impression that they are still pissed at the UFC for banning them from events. I like the opinion pieces ok, but even the news comes off as a little slanted against the UFC in a FOX News-y sort of way.

That said, I'd reather see Pulver fight Garcia, and I'd like to see what Chuck could do at HW, but not necessarily against Coture. The rest of the fights don't bother me.

Last edited 12/2/08 12:43AM server time by ThePlague
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   12/2/08 12:29:52AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by ThePlague

I wish I could read a Sherdog article without getting the constant impression that they are still pissed at the UFC for banning them from events. I like the opinion pieces ok, but even the news comes off as a little slanted against the UFC in a FOX News-y sort of way.

That said, I'd reather see Pulver fight Garcia, and I'd like to see what Chuck could do at HW, but not necessarily against Coture. The rest of the fights don't bother me.

This article is valid and I do not hear the bias that you are speaking of, every single one of these fights have more interesting alternatives and when we only get to see each fighter at most 4 times a years it pisses me off that they waste these fights on redundant fights.

WHY BRING BACK COLEMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Post #7   12/2/08 2:15:05AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I agree the UFC does to much of the rematch stuff. There are a few I would have liked to see at one time but I think one is ussually enough let alone 3 or 4. I don't want to see a Chuck vs Randy 4 but whatever sells.

Post #8   12/2/08 2:26:05AM   

ThePlague

O&A party rock

ThePlague Avatar

Career:1,363-780
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by ThePlague

This article is valid and I do not hear the bias that you are speaking of, every single one of these fights have more interesting alternatives and when we only get to see each fighter at most 4 times a years it pisses me off that they waste these fights on redundant fights.

WHY BRING BACK COLEMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Well the bias is there, I've even seen Jeff joke about it with interviewers. Like I said I agree with at least two of the picks.

Post #9   12/2/08 3:35:28AM   

Rampage200

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
Pls make Chuck Randy IV

Post #10   12/2/08 10:52:10AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by Rampage200

Pls make Chuck Randy IV

says the guy with no record and very little post are you UFC PR or something?

Post #11   12/2/08 11:06:15AM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by Rampage200

Pls make Chuck Randy IV

says the guy with no record and very little post are you UFC PR or something?

I'm curious to see if Randy can fight at the level he talks about or not, Chuck moving up should be a perfect test of that, if Randy loses than no big deal its obvious Chuck has his number and its an extra boost for Chuck since he's been on and off the winning bandwagon, plus IMO Chuck would do better at heavyweight than at LHW, same with Randy, they're both quick heavyweights.

Post #12   12/2/08 1:24:32PM