Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

GSP vs. Anderson Silva Possible

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

mike tyson voice syndrome =badass guy who can kick your ass with a high voice

Thanks

Post #31   11/30/08 2:17:34AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by GrandMaster313

if GSP cant beat Silva, who in the UFC can????????

Anderson > Brock

Post #32   11/30/08 2:55:46AM   

lochie

MMA Regular

lochie Avatar

Career:28-32
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
GSP

Post #33   11/30/08 3:50:42AM   

Bobby-B-Bonkers

banned

Bobby-B-Bonkers Avatar

Career:111-50
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by GrandMaster313

Anderson > Brock

BJ

Post #34   11/30/08 7:09:33AM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:

Posted by GrandMaster313

well BJ thinks he can. The old shogun would give him a run.... Forrest vs. Silva?I still believe the guy with the best shot is dan henderson.

Post #35   11/30/08 10:59:55AM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:

Posted by GrandMaster313

If Demian Maia can get the fight to the ground I don't see how Anderson can hang, but Anderson's grappling may be better than I think, I know its top notch but nobody holds a candle to Maia's BJJ when it comes to P4P.

Post #36   11/30/08 1:47:23PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by roncomanjason

Posted by MaxOne

BJ has a much better shot at beating Silva than Georges does IMO.

You should never express an original idea, ever.

GSP only has the edge in conditioning and I don't think he has that edge over Silva.

BJ has much faster and more accurate hands than GSP. (Think about it...he's able to poke people in the eye when ever he wants. That's great aim :) He is great at getting inside a taller opponents reach. Does anyone believe GSP has a better chin than BJ? BJ's ability to take a punch is unlike anyone I can think of (Mark Hunt?) I'd be suprised if anyone that has followed both these fighters since the beginning thinks GSP is better on the ground. GSP has great wrestling but a well conditioned BJ should be able to counter GSP's wrestling with a ridiculous sprawl, amazing jits and of course the ability to get back to his feet. If Randy couldn't keep BJ down GSP won't do better. I think GSP matches up good with BJ because he does have the reach, kicks and great wrestling and obviously great conditioning but to compare them to Anderson....Anderson's standing is better the GSP for sure. He's a sharp shooter with those strikes and Anderson ground came is better than GSP's too. GSP could possibly win randy couture style but i think it's unlikely if Dan Henderson couldn't. Henderson is still probably the best opponent for Anderson in that weight class right now. BJ However, is better than Silva on the ground and is smooth enough on his feet to leave me with a question mark in my head about who has better stand up. I think BJ has better hands but Silva comes from so many angles with hands, knees and feet. BJ is usually just hands until he decides to bring in the knees. Silva has beautiful foot work and head movement. It's very showy. BJ has excellent foot work and head movement and it's not showy at all. I don't know if BJ will be able to avoid legs and knees long enough with Silva. Silva has the clinch in the GSP match up for sure and probably the BJ fight too but again...BJ has a better shot in the clinch. I'm certain GSP can't stand with Silva. GSP would have to be able to stick with a gameplan and if Silva is able to control where the fight goes at all he has more ways to win. BJ would have a better chance than GSP no matter where the fight goes (other than rounds 4 & 5 historically)

I don't know how well conditioned BJ can be at heavier weights. I think his best shot against both Silva and GSP is to not try to come in heavy. Don't cut weight but don't try to put on weight. come in at his natural weight when he's well conditioned (whatever that weight actually is...i'm thinking close to 170.)

All that being said i wish both GSP and BJ would clean out their weight classes first. When there is nobody left fight each other and the winner can go up and fight Silva. Of course i'll be on the edge of my seat when GSP and BJ fight in Jan. Both great fighters and It can obviously go either way.

Last edited 11/30/08 8:01PM server time by maxone
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #37   11/30/08 3:43:12PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Would be a great fight.
Hope it happens.

Post #38   12/1/08 3:21:26PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
i'm sure it will happen but its really unfair. Silva should probably be a LHW and GSP is a pure welterweight. There will be a big size difference. You will be able to tell once they are face to face.

Post #39   6/21/09 10:46:23PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3