Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

GSP vs. Anderson Silva Possible

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

kastro_316

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
www.dreamfighters.com

If GSP is victorious against BJ Penn at UFC 94, he could be facing Anderson Silva, as mentioned by Dana White, President of the UFC.

In a interview a few months back with UFC President Dana White, Dana commented on the possibility of GSP facing Anderson Silva.

“(Anderson Silva) could meet Georges St. Pierre at a catch weight,” said White. “This guy wants to challenge himself. He’d probably fight at 145 pounds if we asked him to.”

Post #1   11/29/08 2:52:05PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
War BJ

Post #2   11/29/08 2:57:05PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
GSP walks around at least around 185. If he wants to move up to fight Silva then he should just fight at MW rather than a catch weight.

Not sure GSP has much of a chance in this one. He can probably consistently take Anderson down when he can find the range to shoot, but Anderson can be very elusive. GSP would probably eat a lot of shots from the outside enroute to a TKO in the later rounds.

The question is...what about Thiago Alves? GSP already takes extended breaks in between fights, it could potentially be another six months.

Post #3   11/29/08 3:08:00PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

GSP walks around at least around 185. If he wants to move up to fight Silva then he should just fight at MW rather than a catch weight.

Not sure GSP has much of a chance in this one. He can probably consistently take Anderson down when he can find the range to shoot, but Anderson can be very elusive. GSP would probably eat a lot of shots from the outside enroute to a TKO in the later rounds.

The question is...what about Thiago Alves? GSP already takes extended breaks in between fights, it could potentially be another six months.

What do you mean he takws extented brakes between fight? compared to whi the spider? plus he fought 6 times in the past 2 years which seems pretty average to me

Post #4   11/29/08 3:16:25PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Doubt it. Let Alves fight for the title.

Post #5   11/29/08 3:19:58PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,846-990
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
St.Pierre vs. Anderson is inevitable. The fight is now the most relevant super fight in MMA. I believe St.Pierre will defeat Penn which provides the necessary element for the St.Pierre Silva fight. All though Anderson can dictate range and tempo of the fight, I still believe that St.Pierre's progression and superb ability to game plan for his opponents would also lead him to victory in a bout between the spider. Concerning Alves he should wait, or do what Florian chose to do FIGHT someone else. If you have confidence in yourself that your deserving enough to fight for the WW title, well you should be confident enough to know you can defeat another person. Give him a rematch with Fitch in which he would lose.

Last edited 11/29/08 3:21PM server time by roncomanjason
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #6   11/29/08 3:20:08PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,961-999
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

War BJ

GSP by Murder !!! BJ

Last edited 11/29/08 3:28PM server time by tuvok500

Post #7   11/29/08 3:28:06PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
He fights typically once every four months, and when he fights BJ it will have been almost 6 months. GSP has always been a guy that likes to have long training camps in preparation for a fight. He defended his title for the first time in August and won't be fighting again until nearly February...yeah I would say that's pretty infrequent.

It's not just Geroge, it seems to be happening with a lot of current champs.

Post #8   11/29/08 3:28:18PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by roncomanjason

St.Pierre vs. Anderson is inevitable. The fight is now the most relevant super fight in MMA. I believe St.Pierre will defeat Penn which provides the necessary element for the St.Pierre Silva fight. All though Anderson can dictate range and tempo of the fight, I still believe that St.Pierre's progression and superb ability to game plan for his opponents would also lead him to victory in a bout between the spider. Concerning Alves he should wait, or do what Florian chose to do FIGHT someone else. If you have confidence in yourself that your deserving enough to fight for the WW title, well you should be confident enough to know you can defeat another person. Give him a rematch with Fitch in which he would lose.

Are you saying that GSP can defeat the Spider but would loose to fitch?

Post #9   11/29/08 3:28:35PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by MMAcca

War BJ

GSP by Murder !!! BJ

Post #10   11/29/08 3:31:25PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:379-218
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

I dont have a link but in a thread earlier it talked about how Dana said that Alves is fighting for the belt next if GSP won and then he would fight Anderson.

Last edited 11/29/08 3:39PM server time by mk1630

Post #11   11/29/08 3:38:33PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mk1630

Posted by Wolfenstein

I dont have a link but in a thread earlier it talked about how Dana said that Alves is fighting for the belt next if GSP won and then he would fight Anderson.

IF, IF, IF.........

BJ will win

Post #12   11/29/08 3:44:30PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jocka

Posted by roncomanjason

Are you saying that GSP can defeat the Spider but would loose to fitch?

No if you read what I had wrote I clearly am talking about Alves. Alves lost to Fitch thus him rematching an opponent whom is still considered a top WW makes sense.

Post #13   11/29/08 3:44:50PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
I just hope that GSP doesn't play it ultra safe like he did in the Serra rematch. I mean come on is he that scared of receiving a punch?
GSP vs Silva might just become a lay and pray for GSP if he doesn't first get KOed in the first round.

Post #14   11/29/08 4:00:41PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Mayo

I just hope that GSP doesn't play it ultra safe like he did in the Serra rematch. I mean come on is he that scared of receiving a punch?
GSP vs Silva might just become a lay and pray for GSP if he doesn't first get KOed in the first round.

Anderson being a world class fighter should prepare for that possible scenario. If St.Pierre attempts to use his wrestling to his advantage, and score a decision with take down points and ground and pound that's fine to me. Anderson will be prepared for that and it should be an entertaining fight.

Post #15   11/29/08 4:07:29PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3