Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brian Bowles: A Little Southern Charm mixed with Plenty of Southern Harm

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Good article on a sometimes overlooked fighter...

"Brian Bowles doesn’t have a nickname, but figures he would adopt a moniker if somebody “came up with a cool one.”

No one has done so and the lack of a nickname actually meshes nicely with Bowles’ laid-back personality and substance-over-style approach to the fight game. He is a former police officer who started his MMA apprenticeship at the HardCore Gym in Athens, Ga. Hailed as a quick learner, Bowles outworks just about everybody in the training room, keeps charging and grinding even when he’s being treated like a punching bag, and if you stick a microphone in his face and ask him to speak publicly, he is a man of precious few words. He has skyrocketed up the rankings and is widely considered one of the top fighters in the world in his weight class."

Link

Post #1   11/29/08 12:15:37AM   

Bobby-B-Bonkers

banned

Bobby-B-Bonkers Avatar

Career:111-50
Chips:
Wow, another former cop that started his mma at Hardcore Gym. Could this be the second coming of Forrest Griffen? Time will tell, but this guy is really good.

Post #2   11/29/08 1:31:23AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Awesome! I've seenhim here working as bartender/bouncer in Athens and he's exactly as described in the article, really quiet and calm. I hope they show the WEC event there (kind of obvious no?), should be nice support our town guy from his actual workplace.

Post #3   11/29/08 1:42:35AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,162-1,476
Chips:
Bowles is cool.
Great fighter...and I can't help but call him "Marky Mark"

Post #4   11/29/08 12:11:43PM