Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sokoudjou Cut By UFC

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i am surprised he lost twice but not back to back
i still think he will be a star
i wish the ufc gave him at least another fight but i am aware he was getting paid alot of money to perform like werdum
i hope he comes back to the ufc but i see him going back to japan to fight or affliction

Post #31   11/28/08 12:57:19PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,978-1,663
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Reminds me of the Cro Cop situation; For whatever reason he just couldn't perform the way people expected.
Sorry to see him go. Hope to see him back.

Well, he's famous for defeating two guys that most don't think he would defeat in a rematch, which is a bit different than the Cro Cop situation

Post #32   11/28/08 1:24:52PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
I have not found any other information supporting that Soko was cut other than this link.

So until I read more info I will say this is and untrue statement.

Post #33   11/28/08 3:36:19PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Posted by MMAcca

Soko needs to change much of his approach to training imo. He needs to lose some muscle and find a new camp as Team Quest is obviously not working out for him.

I disagree again... Whenever a fighter isn't living up to his/her expectations, the first thing ppl look to is the camp. Do I need to remind you it was Team Quest that brought Soku to the dance. Are you trying to say in a non-chealont way that Dan Hendo and Matt Lindland are not top guys to train with???

Listen, I'm not even a Team Quest fan. I haven't been since they kicked out Nate Quarry.

Let's keep in mind fighters don't always "stick to the game plan".... If it were Hendo fighting Cane instead of Soku, I GUARENTEE you the fight would've gone the other way.,,, but that's besides the point.

Maybe Soku doesn't belong in the UFC, but that shouldn't mean he NEEDS to switch his camp...., maybe he just needs a different strategy.

No. You don't need to remind me that Soko started out with Team Quest, or that he has gotten his biggest wins with Lindland and co in his corner .

Soko needs to take a diffrerent aproach to his fights now he's in the big league, plain and simple. Going for the big KO in the first round just aint gonna cut it anymore.

The reason i think he needs to join a new camp is because he hasn't looked prepared in any of his UFC fights so far. He has too much muscle! He can't last 15 minutes the way he turns up for fights (let alone 25 if he ever gets a title shot) He gasses too early and he has looked like a 'one trick pony' in each of his UFC appearances imo and i think a change in camp would help him to build on the MASSIVE amount of potential that Soko has.....

I notice that you pick fault with a lot of my posts, so i welcome your responce.......

Post #34   11/28/08 4:03:33PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca
he has looked like a 'one trick pony' in each of his UFC appearances

Post #35   11/28/08 4:07:14PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
LHW is maybe the most competitive division in the UFC. 2 losses both were finishes, and a Nakamura leg injury for his only win in the UFC. Needs to reffine his game a bit. Stand up and BJJ defense would be key for him to get back to the UFC.

Post #36   11/28/08 8:48:54PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
UFC has to make room for the LW and LHW TUFers this season.

Not that I disagree with the cut per se, but there are two things I think everyone needs to come in terms with

1) the UFC can only have so many fighters under their exclusive style contracts. If there are too many fighters you have guys complaining about not being active enough or not being able to feed their families.
Unless they put on more events, which I don't see happening, their roster has to be a certain size.

2) The UFC will consist of a large number of fighters that are introduced by TUF. Unless your favorite top 20 fighter goes on a massive winning streak in the UFC, expect to see more fighters cut with mediocre records (regardless of their opponents.)

Post #37   11/28/08 8:55:40PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,005-655
Chips:
I would have liked to see 1 more fight before they canned him. If he goes anywhere else I think he would just dominate! (as long as he improves his conditioning)

Post #38   11/28/08 11:46:24PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
He was not the best but was paid to be the best....

It was cut time....

maybe he will get better and come back in a few years

Post #39   11/29/08 12:05:02AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I just want to see Soko, lil Nog, Arona, tito, babalu ect end up in the same place. There are quite a few top notch LHW's out there and if Shogun loses he will be another one IMO.

Post #40   11/29/08 12:05:18AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I just want to see Soko, lil Nog, Arona, tito, babalu ect end up in the same place. There are quite a few top notch LHW's out there and if Shogun loses he will be another one IMO.

I Agree. If Coleman beats Shogun he is out as well.

Post #41   11/29/08 12:10:06AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cmb19932

naw hes raw and inconsistantcy isnt good enough for the ufc or me

Does that mean they should let Jardine go?

Post #42   11/29/08 12:15:14AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by cmb19932

No he's a TUFer, look at Kendal, those guys get a million chances.

Post #43   11/29/08 12:19:32AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ncordless

Posted by cmb19932

No he's a TUFer, look at Kendal, those guys get a million chances.

Not only is he a TUF guy. He has a lot of big wins(Chuck, Forrest, Vera), something that Soko does not.

Post #44   11/29/08 12:29:10AM   

Bobby-B-Bonkers

banned

Bobby-B-Bonkers Avatar

Career:111-50
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Posted by MMAcca

Soko needs to change much of his approach to training imo. He needs to lose some muscle and find a new camp as Team Quest is obviously not working out for him.

I disagree again... Whenever a fighter isn't living up to his/her expectations, the first thing ppl look to is the camp. Do I need to remind you it was Team Quest that brought Soku to the dance. Are you trying to say in a non-chealont way that Dan Hendo and Matt Lindland are not top guys to train with???

Listen, I'm not even a Team Quest fan. I haven't been since they kicked out Nate Quarry.

Let's keep in mind fighters don't always "stick to the game plan".... If it were Hendo fighting Cane instead of Soku, I GUARENTEE you the fight would've gone the other way.,,, but that's besides the point.

Maybe Soku doesn't belong in the UFC, but that shouldn't mean he NEEDS to switch his camp...., maybe he just needs a different strategy.

No. You don't need to remind me that Soko started out with Team Quest, or that he has gotten his biggest wins with Lindland and co in his corner .

Soko needs to take a diffrerent aproach to his fights now he's in the big league, plain and simple. Going for the big KO in the first round just aint gonna cut it anymore.

The reason i think he needs to join a new camp is because he hasn't looked prepared in any of his UFC fights so far. He has too much muscle! He can't last 15 minutes the way he turns up for fights (let alone 25 if he ever gets a title shot) He gasses too early and he has looked like a 'one trick pony' in each of his UFC appearances imo and i think a change in camp would help him to build on the MASSIVE amount of potential that Soko has.....

I notice that you pick fault with a lot of my posts, so i welcome your responce.......

oh, don't worry, I will continue to find faults with your posts and disagree with you as long as I feel that way. I disagreed with you and I stated my opinion. Sorry (not really) that you want to call me a troll and what not. It's Kool and the Gang! I still don't think he needs a new camp. And BTW i agreed to the fact he that he does need a new strategy to be better prepared. I just don't think he needs to switch his camp in order to do it.

OK buddy?

Post #45   11/29/08 1:24:43AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3