Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Joe Silva Is Matchmaker For WEC Now Aswell

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,792-1,044
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
UFC Vice President of Talent Relations Joe Silva is said to be handling matchmaking responsibilities for both the UFC and the WEC.

LINK

Post #1   11/26/08 12:17:37AM   

ColonDiver

Learning to Sprawl

ColonDiver Avatar

Career:808-473
Camp: Colon Divers
Chips:
something about Joe Silva makes me hate him so much

Post #2   11/26/08 8:07:42PM   

Bobby-B-Bonkers

banned

Bobby-B-Bonkers Avatar

Career:111-50
Chips:
good, i think this is why we have been seeing better fights in the WEC as of late

Post #3   11/26/08 11:38:20PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

good, i think this is why we have been seeing better fights in the WEC as of late

The most recent fight cards were still put together by Scott Adams, I think that Adams has done a great job with the cards and think that he and Harris should not be demoted. Personally, I think that Silva should just deal with the UFC. His decision to schedule another Randy/Liddell fight and a Faber/Pulver rematch is completely baffling to me...

Last edited 11/26/08 11:48PM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   11/26/08 11:46:48PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

The most recent cards have still been under Scott Adams, I think that Adams has done a great job with the cards and think that he should not be demoted. Personally, I think that Silva should just deal with the UFC. His decision to schedule another Randy/Liddell fight and a Faber/Pulver rematch is completely baffling....

Agreed. I personally think he sucks at match making, the only good ones he comes up with are when they are so very obvious.

Post #5   11/26/08 11:48:25PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
It's been widely scrutinized that ZUFFA was prett unhappy the WEC matchmaker relegated Donald Cerrone vs Razor Rob McCullough (which the few who have seen it are proclaiming it to be fight of the year). Instead they chose to showcase Rosholt vs a no name in a fight that was only mildly entertaining and sloppy for the most part.

To this day no clip of the fight has made it to the net. On Donald Cerrone's MySpace you can find a 15 second clip of the fight and for thoise few seconds it looks awesome.

For some reason the WEC doesn't even have the fight on their upcoming Wreckage shows. It's baffleing that they're not falling all over themselves to get this fight on the air...as time is running out as people have very short attention spans and in a few more weeks people won't care much.

Post #6   11/26/08 11:50:32PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

It's been widely scrutinized that ZUFFA was prett unhappy the WEC matchmaker relegated Donald Cerrone vs Razor Rob McCullough (which the few who have seen it are proclaiming it to be fight of the year). Instead they chose to showcase Rosholt vs a no name in a fight that was only mildly entertaining and sloppy for the most part.

To this day no clip of the fight has made it to the net. On Donald Cerrone's MySpace you can find a 15 second clip of the fight and for thoise few seconds it looks awesome.

For some reason the WEC doesn't even have the fight on their upcoming Wreckage shows. It's baffleing that they're not falling all over themselves to get this fight on the air...as time is running out as people have very short attention spans and in a few more weeks people won't care much.

Good points, but my understanding for the Donald/Rob fight not making air time(besides Rosholt's contract provision) was due to Rob's dismal performance against Alexander and also because Cowboy tested positive for a banned substance. I just figured it was their due punishment. All in all though, I don't think Adams and Harris should be demoted because of the contract provision they set up with Rosholt that ultimately caused them not to air "the fight of the year".

Post #7   11/27/08 12:05:29AM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
Thats a good idea. Joe makes great fights.

Post #8   6/21/09 10:52:42PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Dude you are on a rampage with old threads, welcome to old news.

Post #9   6/21/09 11:17:14PM