Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kim Couture Talks First Pro Win

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Victory was a long time coming for Kim Couture, and all the more sweet when it arrived at Strikeforce “Destruction.”

In her second professional fight, Couture steamrolled opponent Lina Kvokov, chasing her around the cage with punches and knees. Kvokov seemed to want out from the beginning.

For Couture, who’d sustained a broken jaw in the first strike of her pro career five months ago, Kvokov’s actions didn’t compute.

“I wanted her to come after me,” Couture told reporters after the fight. “It was part of my game plan, so it threw me off a little bit.”

LINK

Post #1   11/24/08 1:15:34PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:1,654-950
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:
I dont think the other woman knew what she signed up for. I kinda felt bad for her and hoped she'd tap just to get it over with lol

Post #2   11/24/08 5:22:24PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:
I must say, that fight was the worst display of "professional" MMA that I've seen. It was very hard to watch. I don't say this often, but Striekforce should be ashamed of themselves. That fight offered absolutely nothing to an otherwise decent night of fights.

Post #3   11/24/08 7:26:34PM