Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

who rates UK fighter Michael Bisping?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Drago

Learning to Sprawl

Career:4-9
Chips:
I think Bisping, "( The UK guy who won the last Ultimate fighter competition) , might struggle when he gets some decent competition.

He's a natural fighter, and doesn;t seem short of confidence, just wonder if has the skill yet to take on the big names???

Post #1   1/22/07 6:50:25PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,510-938
Chips:
Time will tell, but he's in a division with LOTS of hopefuls in the UFC: Ortiz, Rashad, Jardine, Rampage, Griffin, Babalu, Lyoto, and a slew of B-C class fighters all looking to up their stock. His official debut of "Ravishing Red" was decent, but not the sort of utter domination that you'd expect from a true LHW contender. Yeah, time will tell, but I'm excited to see him fight more.

Post #2   1/22/07 6:55:22PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
He's got good kickboxing and Jujitsu, but his wrestling and physical strength appear substandard. It seemed to me on season 3 he was afraid of Hamill. He only seemed to warm-up to him after he was hurt and he knew he didn't have to fight him. Ubtil I see him defeat a really good wrestler, I won't be sold on him as a contender.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   1/22/07 7:15:44PM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

He's got good kickboxing and Jujitsu, but his wrestling and physical strength appear substandard. It seemed to me on season 3 he was afraid of Hamill. He only seemed to warm-up to him after he was hurt and he knew he didn't have to fight him. Ubtil I see him defeat a really good wrestler, I won't be sold on him as a contender.

He seemed to have a hard time initially with Eric Schafer but heart and heavy hands proved out. He does have that 12-0 record. It will be interesting to see if he has a difficult time with a really good wrestler or grappler. I think he will be fine with other strikers (until he faces Liddell).

I would like to see him vs Jardine or Forrest.

Post #4   1/22/07 8:27:35PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Agreed. Jardine, Forest, or Machida.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   1/22/07 8:51:58PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
3 of his fights have made it out of the first round and he has ended every one of the others, mixing it up with both tko, ko and submissions. VERY impressive record so far.

It's a shame the competition is lacklustre and until we see him fight some of the guys mentioned above we are not going to know where he stands in terms of the divsion. Good luck to him, can't wait to see him fight at 70.

I've met his brothers girlfriend also, claim to fame.

Post #6   1/23/07 6:55:34AM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
I liked what i saw. Looked a little rusty, but the guy has power. He can bring submissions from very different angles. What i liked most is that fact that he got into some bad positions and didnt panic. Stayed calm and worked his way out. Not everyone has that, hard to teach.

Post #7   1/23/07 4:21:20PM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Chips:

Posted by dstlvb

I liked what i saw. Looked a little rusty, but the guy has power. He can bring submissions from very different angles. What i liked most is that fact that he got into some bad positions and didnt panic. Stayed calm and worked his way out. Not everyone has that, hard to teach.

Lot to be said for that. It is always impressive when a fighter finds himself in a bad spot but shows patience and works until the tides change.

Like you said... not everyone has that.

Post #8   1/24/07 2:34:02AM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Bisping definitly going to be a fighter to fear in the future. They need to throw him in there with a decent fighter though , forrest,jardine, rashad...personally I think he would crush anyone of them. He is a very dangerous striker with all limbs. UFC needs to watch out becasue this guy is special for sure

Post #9   1/24/07 8:43:41AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I think he needs to gain some more upper body muslce. But all in all i think he will do great in the division.

Post #10   1/25/07 9:40:22AM   

pitbull

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I thinks he'll do well in the division also.
Hammel is an amazing wrestler but Bisping looks like the guy who likes punching peoples face in.
A born scrapper.

Post #11   1/25/07 8:38:23PM   

nignog

Learning to Sprawl

nignog Avatar

Career:65-46
Chips:
nah Bisping is a class fighter, ive seen all of his fights and not even once have i seen him in trouble but would be interesting once he gets some top rated opponent cant w8.

war BISPINGGGGG

Post #12   1/25/07 9:28:34PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
I think he can really be a contender. His UFC PPV debut had me on my feet because he was one of my favorites on TUF right off the bat and I was really pulling for him. He seems really calm and collected and has some of the most technical striking i've seen. I really hope he does well.

Post #13   1/26/07 4:13:24AM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Chips:
Bisping vs Rashad anyone??

Post #14   1/26/07 4:22:47AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:
The cobwebs will be shaken off. Bisping will refine his skills and become a great fighter

Post #15   1/26/07 12:49:22PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2