Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brown Open To Faber Rematch, But Not In January

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Now that he's returned to training after injuries suffered in his victory over then-WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber, Mike Brown recently said he's open to giving Faber a rematch in his first title defense, but said January's WEC event is too soon. Brown says March will be his target date for his first defense.

Article

Post #1   11/22/08 1:10:51PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I wonder if Faber will wait till march or take a fight in january.

Post #2   11/22/08 2:35:56PM   

Gweedo

Banned

Gweedo Avatar

Career:304-188
Chips:
I want Faber vs Leonard Garcia

Post #3   11/22/08 3:49:30PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Right now indications are January, possibly Garcia or Jose Aldo.

Post #4   11/22/08 3:51:12PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Right now indications are January, possibly Garcia or Jose Aldo.

It will probably be Aldo imo, as Garcia is looking to get the next title shot.

Post #5   11/22/08 3:54:57PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
IMO Garcia should fight Faber for the title shot. That fight is likely to happen if Faber gets the belt back or if Garcia were to beat Brown. So why not settle the score early in January?

Post #6   11/22/08 4:53:06PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,473-1,569
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I really don't see either one (Garcia or Brown) holding the belt for long with Faber in the Div. He was just so incredibally dominant, and his loss was kind of flukish. I don't think Faber will let it happen again. I'd like to see Brown try and establish himself as a legit champ though too....always down for a change!! So I think they should let Garcia challenge Brown (he earned a shot at the title) give Faber a warm up fight, let's say Grispi, Fabiano, or Aldo. That way you give Brown a chance to shine, and you keep Faber honest by making him work his way back up to the top....I'm sure he would be up for the challenge. It's what the WEC is doing with McCullough.

Post #7   11/22/08 8:41:30PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I really don't see either one (Garcia or Brown) holding the belt for long with Faber in the Div. He was just so incredibally dominant, and his loss was kind of flukish. I don't think Faber will let it happen again. I'd like to see Brown try and establish himself as a legit champ though too....always down for a change!! So I think they should let Garcia challenge Brown (he earned a shot at the title) give Faber a warm up fight, let's say Grispi, Fabiano, or Aldo. That way you give Brown a chance to shine, and you keep Faber honest by making him work his way back up to the top....I'm sure he would be up for the challenge. It's what the WEC is doing with McCullough.

I gotta agree withthat.. Yea Faber was a dominant champ but he lost fair and sqaure I do not think it was a fluke.. Brown caught him with a solid shot.. Let Faber get another two or 3 matches as there are other guys out there who deserve a shot at the title. I am glad to see Brown is back to training it would have been sad if he lost his title due to injury.
WAR WEC Featherweights!!!!

I think this is one of the most exciting divisions in MMA.

Post #8   11/23/08 2:10:43PM