Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kidney Stones

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TOFugitive

Learning to Sprawl

TOFugitive Avatar

Career:14-16
Chips:
you cant piss out kidney stones you have to get it surgically removed my brutha

Post #16   12/3/08 3:27:30PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
You can piss out small kidney stones.

Post #17   12/3/08 4:32:41PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
yea you can piss them out I know many who have.. plus that's exactly what my doctor told me to do.. You may be thinking Gall stones... now those you can't.

Now my question is should I be worried I have experienced no pain in like 2-3 days now.. but I do not think I passed it out yet.. everyone I have talked to said I would know when I did that there would be no mistaking that moment.. but I have felt fine for the last 3 days..

Post #18   12/6/08 4:22:35PM   

Submisshaun

MMA Regular

Submisshaun Avatar

Career:217-130
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
I know this is an old post, but I've passed two stones. First one when I was 18, and I didn't know what it was at the time. I didn't have insurance, so no trip to the hospital. I didn't think I would see the sun that morning.

There are different types of kidney stones, and the best thing to do if you pass it on your own, is collect it, and bring it to your doctor (kinda like a cat bringing back a torn up bird for his master, haha). But that, and a blood test, can help the doctor figure out why you got it.

Myself, I found out I have a higher than average level of uric acid in my body. So I learned what to stay away from and what vitimans are good to help control it. The second time I had one, I learned a bit more about stones (like stress can help cause them). I cut out caffiene for the most part from then on, because that acted as a stress depressant. I thought it was a joke when I was told I have an addiction... until I tried to cut out 100% caffiene for 2 weeks. Real eye opener.

Luckily, both my stones (which I've named Bertha and Sandra) passed after a couple hours so I didn't need to have them removed. I've never felt anything close to the pain that kidney stones give, so I do everything I can to avoid them (been 9 years since I've had one).

Post #19   6/16/09 1:23:00AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
My father has been in the navy for 18 years and is one tough dude. He passed a stone once and when he left the bathroom his face was flooded with tears and this metal bar in our shower was bent in half.

Not something i ever want to experience.

Post #20   6/18/09 12:11:12PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2