Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Despite late opponent change, Yves Edwards confident for Strikeforce bout

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
After 11 years and almost 50 bouts as pro fighter, very little can rattle Yves Edwards (34-14-1).

So while an opponent change less than two weeks before a headlining bout may bother your typical fighter, Edwards can't wait to face Duane "Bang" Ludwig (17-8) at Friday's "Strikeforce: Destruction" in San Jose, Calif.

"It's going to be a slightly different fight than I planned," Edwards recently told TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "But I don't think it changes too much. Just because we've got so many guys in the gym. And I love to spar. We're always sparring. I've seen every look that there is to see, and I see it every day."

Edwards was originally scheduled to face Strikeforce lightweight world champion Josh Thomson. An broken toe suffered in training forced the champion out of the bout, and Ludwig stepped in with less than two weeks notice.

LINK

Post #1   11/20/08 2:14:34PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
This should be a great fight! I dont see why no one has commented on it!

Post #2   11/21/08 9:05:28AM