Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

in shock that the UFC cut fitch...

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TheHitmanTL

Standup Guy

TheHitmanTL Avatar

Career:237-188
Chips:
i couldn't believe what i was reading when i read on mmamania.com that jon fitch had been cut from his contract....it's b.s. imo....here you have a man who tied the most consecutive wins with royce gracie and anderson silva and battled his heart out with GSP and they let him go because of the most idiotic reason....for not signing a contract for the UFC video game...not only was fitch released but christian wellisch was as well.....i am shocked that zuffa would do this....i am definetely appauled because fitch was one of the most exciting and charismatic fighters in the UFC to date....he always puts on a show and finds a way to win.... i hope zuffa realized that they made a HUGE mistake by allowing this to happen and i have certainly lost respect for some of the people of zuffa llc. for doing this...

with all that said

good luck jon fitch with your mma future i hope you find an organization that treats you RIGHT anf FAIRLY and i will be definetely watching your future fights in whatever org you go to

Last edited 11/19/08 9:37PM server time by thehitmantl
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   11/19/08 9:34:25PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by TheHitmanTL

i couldn't believe what i was reading when i read on mmamania.com that jon fitch had been cut from his contract....it's b.s. imo....here you have a man who tied the most consecutive wins with royce gracie and anderson silva and battled his heart out with GSP and they let him go because of the most idiotic reason....for not signing a contract for the UFC video game...not only was fitch released but christian wellisch was as well.....i am shocked that zuffa would do this....i am definetely appauled because fitch was one of the most exciting and charismatic fighters in the UFC to date....he always puts on a show and finds a way to win.... i hope zuffa realized that they made a HUGE mistake by allowing this to happen and i have certainly lost respect for some of the people of zuffa llc. for doing this...

with all that said

good luck jon fitch with your mma future i hope you find an organization that treats you RIGHT anf FAIRLY and i will be definetely watching your future fights in whatever org you go to

http://mmamania.com/2008/11/19/jon-fitch-christian-wellisch-and-possibly-others-cut-by-ufc/

already posted in the news

Post #2   11/19/08 9:36:07PM   

TheHitmanTL

Standup Guy

TheHitmanTL Avatar

Career:237-188
Chips:
i know it is but i just wanted to give my two cents

Post #3   11/19/08 9:36:57PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
This is a big loss. Fitch is the #2 WW in the world.

Post #4   11/19/08 9:36:59PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
If this turns out to be true I will be outraged. Fitch is the fricken man. Damn it. It can't be true.

Post #5   11/19/08 10:13:35PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
I guess they thought he was expendable, I have to say I disagree.

Post #6   11/19/08 10:17:59PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I know i've always been a proponent for two big promotions, but man the UFC is doing some dumb things. I like their production value and they put on a few fights that make me happy, but come on guys cutting two top 10 fighters?

Post #7   11/19/08 10:20:42PM   

Biggz

Standup Guy

Biggz Avatar

Career:267-204
Camp: Untouchables
Chips:
its complete bullshit!! if this goes through i will loose MUCH respect for Zuffa/UFC/Dana White. there has been talk and before this happened i always disagreed but know i will have to agree that UFC is running a monopoly, (not a good one were everyone is happy too) they run things with a "my way or the highway" attitude because they know there is pretty much no where else these fighters can go! you can argue Affliction/Dream ect... but none of those are the UFC. (if that makes sense)
just pisses me off

Post #8   11/19/08 10:27:14PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I don't want to be blunt, but

If this is true....

When the UFC runs a monopoly (or tries to) people say, it's just business. When the UFC is accused of underpaying fighters, people say it's just business.

Well, this is the same thing. Like it or not, this is just business.

Post #9   11/19/08 10:47:39PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Rush

If this is true....

When the UFC runs a monopoly (or tries to) people say, it's just business. When the UFC is accused of underpaying fighters, people say it's just business.

Luckily for me I've always stood on the opposite side of the fence. Maybe if this kind of crap is true then people will finally start to see why I've always been for a fighter's union and non-exclusive contracts

Post #10   11/19/08 10:49:13PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Rush

If this is true....

Luckily for me I've always stood on the opposite side of the fence. Maybe if this kind of crap is true then people will finally start to see why I've always been for a fighter's union and non-exclusive contracts

That was the whole point I was alluding to. People use the "it's business" when it affects the fighter's pocketbook or some small org (because that doesn't affect what they see on PPVs), but when it comes to something that affects whether they will actually get to see a fighter in the UFC, they change their tone.

The door swings both ways in the business world.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   11/19/08 10:56:00PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Anybody know an email address we can write to? Let's show our displeasure and over load them.

Post #12   11/19/08 11:33:20PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

Anybody know an email address we can write to? Let's show our displeasure and over load them.

We should get the site to send them an e-mail with a huge amount of sig's about this and Werdum's releases. This is garbage and I want an explination!

Post #13   11/19/08 11:40:54PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Apparently there's a standoff with the entire AKA camp as no one from the camp has signed the contract, and Jon and Christian are the first go. We'll see if the UFC is also willing to cut Josh Koscheck, Cain Velasquez, and Mike Swick. So be prepared...because there might be an even bigger pill yet to be swallowed.

Post #14   11/19/08 11:51:10PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

Apparently there's a standoff with the entire AKA camp as no one from the camp has signed the contract, and Jon and Christian are the first go. We'll see if the UFC is also willing to cut Josh Koscheck, Cain Velasquez, and Mike Swick. So be prepared...because there might be an even bigger pill yet to be swallowed.

That would be rediculous. The UFC has to know these guys will be able to go somewhere, Strikeforce can afford to give these guys good money to come fight there, Affliction will pay, Dream and Sengoku may even throw their hat in the ring. This is just a dumb move and will prevent other guys from coming to the UFC.

Post #15   11/19/08 11:54:42PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2