Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

WWE.com Talks UFC 91

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
For Lesnar, the road to UFC gold proved surprisingly short. Within roughly six months, the former WWE Superstar climbed to the top of the ultimate fighting heap, capping his ascent with the upset victory over Couture.

Critics have noted that many of the fights on the UFC pay-per-view ended in the first round, leaving UFC producers scrambling to fill the three-hour event with content. The dearth of hearty competition left many viewers to watch less prestigious under-card fights and only served to bolster claims that UFC pay-per-view events can often be a "crap shoot" in regards to filling the full three hours.

For his part, Lesnar took the encouragment of the WWE Universe and the hard lessons forged during his fiery time at WWE and showed UFC and the world why he is not only a man of mettle but also a former three-time WWE Champion.

-- WWE.com.

LINK

Post #1   11/17/08 8:56:04AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:
IDIOTS

Post #2   11/17/08 8:57:45AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Critics have noted...

I guess the writer counted himself and the guy working next to him.

Oh well, it's their job to spin it like this. WWE's still doing well, but would be doing a whole lot better if UFC wasn't around.

Last edited 11/17/08 9:02AM server time by finnish_line
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   11/17/08 9:01:28AM   

gerg333

Learning to Sprawl

Career:231-151
Camp: Hand-Goblin
Chips:
ya, i saw this yesterday and got a pretty good laugh out of it

The dearth of hearty competition left many viewers to watch less prestigious under-card fights and only served to bolster claims that UFC pay-per-view events can often be a "crap shoot" in regards to filling the full three hours.

good job on the wwe writers on this bold statement.. it must be awfully easy to fill a 3 hour card when you know exactly what's going to happen

Post #4   11/17/08 9:18:25AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gerg333
it must be awfully easy to fill a 3 hour card when you know exactly what's going to happen

So true.

Post #5   11/17/08 9:26:04AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Bitter much?

Post #6   11/17/08 9:55:39AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Critics have noted that many of the fights on the UFC pay-per-view ended in the first round, leaving UFC producers scrambling to fill the three-hour event with content. The dearth of hearty competition left many viewers to watch less prestigious under-card fights and only served to bolster claims that UFC pay-per-view events can often be a "crap shoot" in regards to filling the full three hours.

If lack of competition is measured by how many fights end early, I wonder how the UFC dropped levels in competition since UFC 90, considering there were 6 decisions that night. I'm at a loss.

Maybe the UFC should spend more live camera time doing things like this - Video

Last edited 11/17/08 10:18AM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   11/17/08 10:16:56AM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
I love how the WWE makes it out like Brock's experience with the company made him better off for MMA. I guess they are still jealous that their biggest superstar since Stone Cold left for greener pastures.

Post #8   11/17/08 12:25:10PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,162-1,476
Chips:
Wow.....insane article. Well, in some ways it is a crap shoot!
These are REAL fights....anything can happen.
They aren't scripted.
Personally....I am ticked off when I can't see the preliminary match ups.
It was good to see the high amount of fights broadcast at UFC 91.
Critics can say what they like. Critics are usually haters, haters are usually jealous. Critics are born through lack of personal ability...so they become a writer or critic etc. It's like the Paparazzi....they take pics of stars because they can't be stars themselves.
The Pro Wrestling world is jealous....and scared.
Eventually Professional "Wrestling" will wither down to side show or carnival status....just kidding but it will come close to death.
I was a wrestling fan for well over a decade.
I was going to Pro Wrestling live when Bob Backlund was WWF Champ (pre Hulkamania days).
I have been a MMA fan since Nov 1993 ( UFC 1).
I "know" both sides of the coin well.
Bye bye "wrestling"...adios.

Post #9   11/17/08 4:24:17PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

For Lesnar, the road to UFC gold proved surprisingly short. Within roughly six months, the former WWE Superstar climbed to the top of the ultimate fighting heap, capping his ascent with the upset victory over Couture.

For his part, Lesnar took the encouragment of the WWE Universe and the hard lessons forged during his fiery time at WWE and showed UFC and the world why he is not only a man of mettle but also a former three-time WWE Champion.

-- WWE.com.

LINK

Wow

Post #10   11/17/08 9:16:43PM