Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

OFFICIAL: Brock vs Fedor Thread

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Fedors best chance at beating Brock is right now, because the longer he waits the more Brock learns, and the only advantage Fedor has is his experience in the MMA fight game

Brock has Fedor beat with most of God's gifts..... He is Bigger, Stronger, Faster... Those aspects I don't think you can argue

And IMO I also think Brock has Fedor beat on Heart and endurance also....

Fedor has other obligations right now to fill... As he does that Brock will only get better, Maybe durring that time he finds a new camp like Jackson or Extreme Couture.... (A Greg Jackson trained Brock would not lose to Fedor)

Post #16   11/16/08 4:11:05PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Fedors best chance at beating Brock is right now, because the longer he waits the more Brock learns, and the only advantage Fedor has is his experience in the MMA fight game

Brock has Fedor beat with most of God's gifts..... He is Bigger, Stronger, Faster... Those aspects I don't think you can argue

And IMO I also think Brock has Fedor beat on Heart and endurance also....

Fedor has other obligations right now to fill... As he does that Brock will only get better, Maybe durring that time he finds a new camp like Jackson or Extreme Couture.... (A Greg Jackson trained Brock would not lose to Fedor)

I don't think Brock is faster then Fedor. Brock will never be able to catch up to Fedor's ground game, or his striking, and Fedor's only a year older then Brock so it's not like he'll get him when he's 45. Fedor's balance is unmatched and how he operates is unmatched, he dominated Cro Cop on the feet and the lead left hits like a train, then you fall and when he gets Brock on the ground, it will be a matter of seconds. Brocks striking game is years and years behind a guy Hoost touts as having the ability to clean K-1 out, and his ground game will never see Fedors.

Post #17   11/16/08 5:15:51PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Just for the record if this fight happens........

I'm willing to sign up for the avatar bet

Post #18   11/16/08 5:21:40PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:7,127-4,268
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I don't think Lesnar will ever have the skills to beat Fedor.

Post #19   11/16/08 5:51:18PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
I just re-watched the Randy fight....Brocks striking is terrible. He hangs his hands, you can see everything coming, you don't have to worry about a kick, he doesn't turn over, it's absolutly terrible lol. Fedor demolishes him standing, I change my pick to 45 second KO. I would pick Nog for a round 2 KO if they fight.

Post #20   11/16/08 9:47:02PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by haggiswashere

lets not count mir out to beat nog. he is 200 times the athlete nog is after all

Man haggis you are so right the only reason he lost at soccer is cause its a national Brazilian sport I wonder if he has thought about BJJ being something big down there too?

haha for real

Post #21   11/17/08 2:56:08AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Just for the record if this fight happens........

I'm willing to sign up for the avatar bet

Okay. Me and you.

Post #22   11/17/08 8:59:45PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:

Posted by beerman77

i will not be surprised if fedor comes to the ufc. that way dana can set up a super fight with randy for his 1st fight in the ufc>> witch will end with fedor winning and randy retirering again>> than dana will have a fight of the century on his hands with fedor fighting brock. well thats if brock can defend his title in his next couple of fights.
(also randy would get the fight that he has wanted) but who knows what will happen in the next year looking forward to it on way or the other

I don't believe Dana will suck it up enough to allow Fedor in to the UFC. Maybe Fedor will join if he retires from his Sambo career...Fedor would destroy Brock but I think it would be interesting. The one thing that has slowed down Fedor has been pure aggression and strength>(Randleman,Fujita) so I give Brock a puncher's chance of hitting Fedor..........
Randy will get killed by Fedor. not a good match up for him

Post #23   11/18/08 9:58:37PM   

beerman77

Banned

beerman77 Avatar

Career:374-225
Chips:

Posted by soundboy1

Posted by beerman77

i will not be surprised if fedor comes to the ufc. that way dana can set up a super fight with randy for his 1st fight in the ufc>> witch will end with fedor winning and randy retirering again>> than dana will have a fight of the century on his hands with fedor fighting brock. well thats if brock can defend his title in his next couple of fights.
(also randy would get the fight that he has wanted) but who knows what will happen in the next year looking forward to it on way or the other

I don't believe Dana will suck it up enough to allow Fedor in to the UFC. Maybe Fedor will join if he retires from his Sambo career...Fedor would destroy Brock but I think it would be interesting. The one thing that has slowed down Fedor has been pure aggression and strength>(Randleman,Fujita) so I give Brock a puncher's chance of hitting Fedor..........
Randy will get killed by Fedor. not a good match up for him

i fedor would win bye murder. but this is a great fight for rand to retire on

Post #24   11/22/08 11:39:12AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I think itd look alot like the Sylvia fight, Fedor will drop him early and either pound him out or lock up a quick sub. I think a big factor in this fight is that Brock had all the physical advantages over Randy, whereas Fedor is alot quicker (imo) and not to much older. I think Fedor has a better chin than Randy to, although truth be told i think Brock most likely hits like a freight train and itd take a hunt esq chin to not be phased if he lands clean.

I dont think Brock will beable to just hold Fedor down either, i mean Couture was able to get position on Brock from the bottom, and thats not even his game when it comes to grappling. Fedors transitions on the other hand are just straight up sick, no way Brock pins him down for an entire round.

Post #25   11/22/08 12:38:20PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

I think itd look alot like the Sylvia fight, Fedor will drop him early and either pound him out or lock up a quick sub. I think a big factor in this fight is that Brock had all the physical advantages over Randy, whereas Fedor is alot quicker (imo) and not to much older. I think Fedor has a better chin than Randy to, although truth be told i think Brock most likely hits like a freight train and itd take a hunt esq chin to not be phased if he lands clean.

I dont think Brock will beable to just hold Fedor down either, i mean Couture was able to get position on Brock from the bottom, and thats not even his game when it comes to grappling. Fedors transitions on the other hand are just straight up sick, no way Brock pins him down for an entire round.

Exactly, Coleman and Randleman both found out being on the ground with Fedor does not work. Randleman is incredibly strong and Fedor easily reversed him and Coleman simply got arm barred from the bottom. Fedor's life has been spent training to do what he does, Sambo is fairly similar to mma as far as encorperating alot of different aspects while most guys have trained JJ, striking or wrestling in some form and then added on. Brock is just getting started to late to catch up to Fedor. As we've seen, being incredibly naturally talented can only get you so far, you need that something extra that few have to be the best, and Fedor has that little extra.

Post #26   11/22/08 2:08:28PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,054-1,311
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I have to admit,while I found Brocks fight with Randy entertaining,I kind of feel like it might have set the sports credibility back a notch or two.Not because Brock was a Pro-Wrestler,but because of how quick they put him on the fast track to stardum.Brock did not win because he has more skill than Randy,he did because he's alot younger,stronger,and stylisticaly he's just a bad match for Randy.
Randy showed that Brock can be outmuscled,outstruck,out everythinged.so many people give him fandom over.
Lets not forget, we have still yet to see how much heart he has when a fight goes deep down into the trenches.

With all that being said,Fedor embaresses Brock badly.
Brock admitted prior to his Herring fight that he was not ready for a fight with Fedor (I believe it was in FIGHT magazine or Ultimate Grappling),and I still believe that holds true now.

Post #27   11/25/08 5:52:56PM   

kris_ericson

banned

kris_ericson Avatar

Career:173-142
Chips:

Posted by cmb19932

wow here comes all the hatei think brock has a good chance of beating fedor and it would be a great fight and a close fight

i think im gonna have to agree maybe im bias i dont know but who in the UFC could beat brock honestly

Post #28   11/28/08 4:31:38PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kris_ericson

Posted by cmb19932

wow here comes all the hatei think brock has a good chance of beating fedor and it would be a great fight and a close fight

i think im gonna have to agree maybe im bias i dont know but who in the UFC could beat brock honestly

Mir, Nog, GG, pretty much anyone who's good on the ground has a very good chance, and from what I've seen strikers with good TD d would beat him.

Post #29   11/28/08 5:09:15PM   

kris_ericson

banned

kris_ericson Avatar

Career:173-142
Chips:
Mir won because
1.Brock was stupider
2.Brock rocked him which took the fight to the ground so that wasnt Mir's choice
Nog-could easily submit him ill admit that so Brock would have to work on take down defense
Gonzaga- Brock would win striking

Last edited 11/28/08 5:14PM server time by kris_ericson
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   11/28/08 5:14:16PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5