Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Makes Me Sad...

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:2,234-1,225
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I'm not sure if everyone is forgetting the fact that this was Brock's third real fight in MMA. In his third fight he beats considerably a top three HW. The man is just to much of an athlete in my opinion. He's bigger, faster, and stronger than most. The scary thing for other Hw's is that it looks like he's learning as well. Whomever his future opponent is Mir, or Nog both will have their hands full. If Mazagatti would have just warned Brock against Mir for the behind the head shot we would have our title fight between Brock and Nog scheduled soon.

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #16   11/16/08 2:34:19AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

when nog beats mir we will see bob sapp vs nog all over again . You won't be sad for too long cheer up .

exactly, war nog!!! the real hw champ to begin with

Post #17   11/16/08 2:57:50AM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
I would say NOG by sub.

Post #18   11/16/08 2:59:56AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

I say the best chance for Brock to win is keep it standing, and try to land big shots on Nog BUT dont follow up, just let him fall down and wait till he gets up. And just keep doing that as much as he can, even if he think Nog is out just leave him there until he gets back up.

Exactly. If Brock fights a smart fight against either Mir or Nog he has a good chance of winning.

Post #19   11/16/08 8:10:49AM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
I know Nog can win but what could he catch him with?
Lesnar seems to be less willing to put himself in the way of a sub.
Can he pull a Fedor and win a FIVE round war cause we all know thats the only way to beat Nog

I would rather have Nog as Champwell I guess by New Years we know this mini tourney will prob come to a end in March or April and we know who is the Champ

Congrats to Brock for proving he can take a few hits and still beat a living legend.

How long before we see Forest vs Randy? or maybe Rashad vs Randy?

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #20   11/16/08 8:21:01AM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
"Does anyone get the feeling that dana white has deliberately put couture up against lesnar because he wants couture out of the UFC. With mir or Noguiera in an immediate title shot against randy, couture would have a safer chance beating either guy as they dont have the monsterous like scare that lesnar presents at this point in his early MMA career. What i mean is, couture has out classed submission fighters before in both weight classes and done well, its not like mir or noguiera would come out against randy and throw ko bombs at randy's chin. With randy walking out on his contract what with all the bad media coverage that the UFC and zuffa were put through over it all, surely they dont want couture to come back over a year after walking away and continue to dominate and wear the belt. Lesnar ticks all the boxes for an upset, even though i dont believe he should even be in there for the title, he does have the ko power to take couture out. Thats the only way i see him winning. With randy not fighting in over 18 months, and lesnar getting a win over a vet, and the fact that lesnar has been training like a monster for the last year, he has the advantage on couture in the mind of dana white. Brock is the UFC's best pick to retire couture. I dont like this fight. Dana slagged down the elite promoters for fixing fights and damaging this sport, i think dana and joe silva are damaging this sport by giving an ex WWE wrestler a title shot after one UFC win".

My original thoughts on the lesnar couture fight... dana whites master plan worked out to a t again ... !!!!

Post #21   11/16/08 8:46:05AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

"Does anyone get the feeling that dana white has deliberately put couture up against lesnar because he wants couture out of the UFC. With mir or Noguiera in an immediate title shot against randy, couture would have a safer chance beating either guy as they dont have the monsterous like scare that lesnar presents at this point in his early MMA career. What i mean is, couture has out classed submission fighters before in both weight classes and done well, its not like mir or noguiera would come out against randy and throw ko bombs at randy's chin. With randy walking out on his contract what with all the bad media coverage that the UFC and zuffa were put through over it all, surely they dont want couture to come back over a year after walking away and continue to dominate and wear the belt. Lesnar ticks all the boxes for an upset, even though i dont believe he should even be in there for the title, he does have the ko power to take couture out. Thats the only way i see him winning. With randy not fighting in over 18 months, and lesnar getting a win over a vet, and the fact that lesnar has been training like a monster for the last year, he has the advantage on couture in the mind of dana white. Brock is the UFC's best pick to retire couture. I dont like this fight. Dana slagged down the elite promoters for fixing fights and damaging this sport, i think dana and joe silva are damaging this sport by giving an ex WWE wrestler a title shot after one UFC win".

My original thoughts on the lesnar couture fight... dana whites master plan worked out to a t again ... !!!!

Nah, if you watched Dana's blogs leading up to the event, you'd see that he was very excited for this fight, not because he was expecting Brock to win, but because it was a good fight concept! Dana is a fan first and foremost, and he doesn't take sides in any fight I have seen. He always has a smile for the winner when they put on a good show, even when it's against his chums like Liddell. And also, Lesnar may have been 2-1 coming into this bout, but Lesnar is the exception to many, many rules as we have come to find out in the last year.

Post #22   11/16/08 10:35:45AM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by casey64

I would say NOG by sub.

so do I, but he is going to have to take a pounding for it. randy couldn't take brock down so nog will have a tough time. I think nog has slightly better boxing than randy though.

Post #23   11/16/08 10:57:56AM   

cheesy-maggot

MMA Regular

cheesy-maggot Avatar

Career:315-196
Camp: Camp Angio
Chips:
Big Nog always takes a beating and ends up winning, I'll say round 3 sub.

Post #24   11/16/08 11:19:10AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by keith-hackney1

Nah, if you watched Dana's blogs leading up to the event, you'd see that he was very excited for this fight, not because he was expecting Brock to win, but because it was a good fight concept! Dana is a fan first and foremost, and he doesn't take sides in any fight I have seen. He always has a smile for the winner when they put on a good show, even when it's against his chums like Liddell. And also, Lesnar may have been 2-1 coming into this bout, but Lesnar is the exception to many, many rules as we have come to find out in the last year.

I kind of agree and disagree w/ both of you. As a fan he knew it would be huge, but as a promoter they were in the same "hot water". He wants both to either be the biggest thing in the world or get embarrassed. Randy to tear down the Fedor fight, or make it the biggest thing in the world while Randy is under contract. Brock because he's either the next big thing as he's always billed himself or they get to show "WWE schmucks" don't belong here. So putting them head to head made a lot of sense in that way. I don't like that it was for a title, but to keep the contract on Randy they almost had to still recognize him as champ (even w/ another belt going around).

Post #25   11/16/08 11:42:32AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:2,212-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

I say the best chance for Brock to win is keep it standing, and try to land big shots on Nog BUT dont follow up, just let him fall down and wait till he gets up. And just keep doing that as much as he can, even if he think Nog is out just leave him there until he gets back up.

The Herring Strategy

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #26   11/16/08 12:53:30PM   

KURM

Learning to Sprawl

KURM Avatar

Career:349-240
Camp: OSF
Chips:
I thought randy was doing amazing in the fight, unfortunatly he got hit with a good shot to the back of the head.(just like serra hit pierre with) that rocked him and that was game over.. It really sucks because I think couture was going to win that fight!!

Post #27   11/16/08 1:20:38PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Brock Lesnar is the Semmy Schilt of MMA...

Post #28   11/16/08 1:34:23PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Brock Lesnar is the Semmy Schilt of MMA...

yeah i agree with you

Post #29   11/16/08 2:03:08PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
Real MMA Fans in my neighborhood claimed if your a real fan you wanted Randy to win......

But I am a real fan and I claim if your a real fan you want the HW class to progress like the others have, it's time to set Randy aside like we have Matt, Rich and Chuck for the way of the new.....

The HW class has now shown that is improving with new talent and young blood... IMO a Randy win would have stalled the progression of the class

War Brock I hope he KO"s his next opponent in a brutal fashion and screams at the camera

Post #30   11/16/08 2:05:39PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4