Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hansen talks DREAM, Alvarez & More!

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:
Joachim Hansen ‘The Hellboy Returns on NYE’

DREAM Lightweight Grand Prix Champion Joachim Hansen took some time out of training to talk with PDG about his tournament victory, Eddie Alvarez, training and fighting on NYE.

PDG: You replaced Eddie Alvarez, who beat you earlier in the GP; how did that affect the way you fought in the finals?

Hansen: Eddie Alvarez and Shinya Aoki are two totally different fighters. I knew a little about Aoki’s style because I fought him in PRIDE in 2006. I knew I had to be very careful with Aoki when on the ground and to not make any big moves that could leave me open to his submission game. If you could clone Alvarez and Aoki into one person you would be close to having the total mixed martial arts fighter!

Hansen Interview

Post #1   11/14/08 7:43:33PM   

xAcidburNx

Standup Guy

xAcidburNx Avatar

Career:672-426
Chips:
I would love to see Hellboy/alvarez 2. the first one kicked royal ass. eddie became one of my top 3 light weights with the way he fought in this tournament. after HB kicks JZ's ass on new years they had better put this fight together. if not eddie vs aoki would do just fine

Post #2   11/15/08 5:03:48AM