Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Burkman Sidelined Due To Back Injury

Print  
Posted By Message

Tito

Learning to Sprawl

Tito Avatar

Career:106-60
Camp: mmanews camp
Chips:
This is the first time in my career I’ve got to seriously be like I’ve got to get this better. I’ve got to take some time off,” Burkman said.

The injury consists of two bulging discs in his back and another bulging disc in his neck, and the Utah native is hopeful for a natural rehab, but may have to consider surgery if the healing doesn’t happen.

“I want to try to heal it naturally first so I’m going to do a lot of yoga, and basically going to do some physical therapy, and see what we can do with it,” commented Burkman. “It’s pretty bad, it’s causing me to have arthritis in my back.

“The rehab that we’re going to do is at least six weeks. And that’s six weeks of rehab and not going in and screwing my back up again. I’m going to start with that and it just depends on what option I go with.”

Source - http://the-fight-site.com/?p=244

Well that sucks for Burkman, i quite like him as a fighter. But after them losses maybe its the right time to take a break....

Post #1   11/11/08 10:57:23PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
yeah he needs a break after all those losses.

Post #2   11/11/08 11:15:26PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

yeah he needs a break after all those losses.

He needs something.

Post #3   11/11/08 11:17:01PM