Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

STUDY SHOWS UFC IS POISED TO CONTRIBUTE MILLIONS TO NY ECONOMY

Print  
Posted By Message

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
NEW YORK, NY – A study released today showed that Ultimate Fighting Championship® events in New York City and Buffalo would have a significant impact on state and local economies by generating tax revenues, creating jobs and boosting tourism industries.

Professional mixed martial arts is one of the highest grossing arena sports in the country, drawing sell-out crowds and bringing in millions of dollars in ticket and concession sales. One of the fastest growing sports in America, MMA is regulated in 36 states including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California and Florida. Legislators in Albany will consider regulating the sport in New York State when the legislative session begins in January.

LINK

Post #1   11/10/08 3:37:12PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
i can't wait for MMA to be sanctioned in NY. i will most definitly be attending the first UFC event at MSG. that's going to be nuts.

Post #2   11/10/08 4:33:19PM   

JoeySteel

MMA Regular

JoeySteel Avatar

Career:1,364-991
Chips:
AMEN. NYC has some good schools. I know GSP has been to some of our schools in recent months.

we have some great venues.

we have a WHOLE lot of aggression, and a lot of sports teams that sucks, or are just boring to cheer for.

We need the fights.

Bring it.

Post #3   11/10/08 6:25:51PM