Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Eddie Alvarez Talks Future & More!

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:
Eddie Alvarez 'Waiting for a Fight'

Lightweight rising superstar Eddie Alvarez took some time to talk with PDG about the fall of EliteXC, his DREAM Lightweight Grand Prix experience, training and what the future holds for his mixed martial arts career.

PDG: Your scheduled fight against Nick Diaz was canceled when EliteXC went bankrupt last month; what were your thoughts when you got the news?
Alvarez: It was very unfortunate as I was about five weeks into my training for the fight. I was really looking forward to that fight and the whole situation just basically sucked. It was very important for me to win a title in America on national television. Shit happens and it wasn't the first time in my career. There was a similar situation when I was fighting for Bodog. I'm looking forward to moving on and signing with another American company that has a television presence.

Alvarez Interview

Post #1   11/8/08 6:59:39PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
The UFC has a nice lw division but Dream's lw is so stacked its unreal. I just wached highlights on HDnet of the lwgp and that was just unreal. I would love to see BJ fighting the likes of Alvarez, Aioki, Kawajiri, HansenEven Uno loked real good. That GP had some of the best fights of the year for sure.

Post #2   11/8/08 9:03:41PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
That GP was sick.

Post #3   11/9/08 12:51:32AM   

Bobby-B-Bonkers

banned

Bobby-B-Bonkers Avatar

Career:111-50
Chips:
I want Ed in the UFC. Any1 else agree?

Post #4   11/9/08 6:03:27AM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I definately agree ^^ Alvarez is one of my favorite fighters, ufc or not so I hope he ends up there for sure

Post #5   11/9/08 9:32:40AM