Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gina Carano And Cris Cyborg Will Sign Together

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Former EliteXC fighters Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg are in negotiations to make sure that their next fight is with each other, we can exclusively reveal.

Speaking to Fighters Only correspondent Stash Capar this week, Carano said the match “is a dream fight”.

“I want to make that happen,” she said. “My people are in touch with her, so we’re going to make sure we sign together for the same promotion.”

However, Xtreme Couture athlete Carano hinted that wherever her and Cyborg end up signing, fledgling Affliction promotion could be out of the running thanks to the recent fallout between Todd Beard and Randy Couture.

“There’s a bit of a barrier between me and Affliction,” she revealed. “You know, with Randy and that whole thing. But if they approach me with an offer, who knows?”

Carano’s more immediate concern is the imminent auction of EliteXC assets, announced shortly after the promotion ceased operations.

“I don’t really know what’s happening. I think Elite XC’s gonna sell all of the fighters contracts, mine included. It’s a standstill,” she sighed.

“But when one door closes, another one opens. I’m sure we’ll find a new platform for female fights. It’s definitely proven to be popular.”

LINK

Post #1   11/7/08 1:19:52PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Strikeforce.

Post #2   11/7/08 1:48:13PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Say what you will about her- at least she's not backing down from this fight. I've held firm, despite naysayers, in saying that she's no fluke. I'd love to see this fight.

Granted, that all depends on whether or not Gina makes weight correctly

Post #3   11/7/08 2:37:16PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Say what you will about her- at least she's not backing down from this fight. I've held firm, despite naysayers, in saying that she's no fluke. I'd love to see this fight.

I agree she is proving that she wants to fight top compitition
It also is a good tactic to stick together like this
providing more opportunities to get signed somewhere quickly and probably obtain better contracts, and more money

Post #4   11/7/08 3:21:25PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Focker101

Posted by Jackelope

I agree she is proving that she wants to fight top compitition
It also is a good tactic to stick together like this
providing more opportunities to get signed somewhere quickly and probably obtain better contracts, and more money

It's worked for Calzaghe/RJJ

Post #5   11/7/08 5:57:04PM   

Bobby-B-Bonkers

banned

Bobby-B-Bonkers Avatar

Career:111-50
Chips:
I wish DANA would put this 1-time fight on maybe a TUF finale or Ultimate Fight Night. I know it'll never happen, but still.

Post #6   11/8/08 5:57:51AM