Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

New WEC champ Mike Brown plotting his opportunity to validate title

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Less than 24 hours after literally shocking the MMA world, new WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown (20-4 MMA, 2-0 WEC) is nursing an injury that will keep him out of action in the immediate future.

But while may fighters would relish the opportunity to celebrate a recent defeat of the widely regarded No. 1 fighter in the world in their weight class, Brown is already plotting his chance to show the world his victory over Urijah Faber at "WEC 36: Faber vs. Brown" was no fluke.

"A lot of people feel that you're not the champ until you've defended the belt at least once," Brown today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "And I feel like that's pretty accurate. You've got to be the champ and kind of hold your ground and show what got you there. So I'm ready to do that, and really put myself as a true champ and a not a one-hit wonder."

Brown entered Wednesday night's main event as a 3-to-1 underdog by most Las Vegas wagering lines. And judging by the comments of most experts and fans in the MMA community, Brown's chances were far less against "The California Kid" and his 13-fight win streak.

LINK

Post #1   11/7/08 1:23:02AM   

Gweedo

Banned

Gweedo Avatar

Career:304-188
Chips:
Brown vs Garcia is #1

Post #2   11/23/08 11:28:53AM