Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Shamrock Inc: Frank Talks Business and Brand Building

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Despite having only six fights in the past nine years – all of them outside the UFC - Frank Shamrock has kept his name recognition high and built a multi-faceted business with almost 30 full-time employees. In a recent interview with MMAPayout.com, Shamrock described his keys to success, while offering some advice to anyone hoping to follow in his footsteps.

“I’m no closet genius,” said Shamrock. “I learned through trial and error. It took me 7-8 years to build my business and it was a good time for me because the sport was small then. I was blessed in that way.”
But times have obviously changed. “The days of gun slinging and hanging out in this business are gone,” he says. “The dollars are bigger and the sport of MMA keeps moving closer to the mainstream. Everyone’s rushing to the sport because it’s very popular and cool, but your brand needs to be consistent.”

LINK

Post #1   11/5/08 8:25:02AM   

Shawn17

MMA Regular

Shawn17 Avatar

Career:733-483
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
"the legend" knows his shit.

Post #2   11/5/08 10:57:43AM