Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lead singer of the band Boston dies

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Perhaps the Best Lead Singer Ever in Rock

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/10/07 9:01:36AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Come on kids, don't any of you know who Boston was? Granted, they weren't on the level of Justin Timberlake, but still, you should know of them.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #2   3/10/07 2:17:39PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:
RIP Delp!

Post #3   3/10/07 4:08:51PM   

FBD

Learning to Sprawl

FBD Avatar

Career:107-55
Chips:
holy shit, i didnt hear about this. that ******* sucks. bostons first 2 albums are some of my all time favorites.

Post #4   3/10/07 5:50:08PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Serious bummer," more than a feeling " was just an episode of scrubs I was watching. Weird that I logged on right after I watched it . At last he didn't go out before he had made some great music.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   3/12/07 10:40:52PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
Not a fan of Boston myself, but he was a really decent guy who shared his success. RIP. Richard Jeni recently died as well.

Post #6   3/13/07 3:25:32AM