Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Women's MMA Finding New Life in Japan?

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,881-1,084
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
GCM's Valkyrie, which will hold its first card on Nov. 8, will not be the only all-female fight promotion in Japan, as from the ashes of Smackgirl, newly formed parent company Marvelous Japan has announced its own upstart organization, Jewels.

Yuichi Ozono, an executive from Japanese event production company Archery Inc. will lead Marvelous Japan. After learning of the languishing Smackgirl and its business woes, Ozono formed Marvelous Japan and acquired the assets and rights formerly belonging to Smackgirl parent company Kilgore.

"I always liked the martial arts, especially Smackgirl, and when I read that they were in trouble, I wanted to find out the truth," Ozono said. "I met with [former Smackgirl President Motoki] Shino and heard that it was impossible for the promotion to continue, so I proposed to him to let me take over the promotion. After several discussions, we reached an agreement, and he gave me the management team of Smackgirl."

LINK

Post #1   10/30/08 2:01:44PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:
does anyone have a means to watch these except for the odd youtube vid?

Post #2   10/30/08 2:31:10PM   

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:

Posted by jahdoug

does anyone have a means to watch these except for the odd youtube vid?

Good point! and even then u can only watch it till someone takes it down. then ur crap outta luck. lol

Post #3   10/30/08 4:21:48PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Women's MMA= in my book anyway

Post #4   10/30/08 5:21:17PM