Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Vinny's latest TUF 8 Blog Episode 7

Print  
Posted By Message

PunchyMcGee

MMA Regular

PunchyMcGee Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Check out what Vinny had to say about his argument with Big Nog and his fight against Brucez:

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/29/vinnys-ultimate-fighter-blog-episode-7/1764/#more-1764

Post #1   10/30/08 2:34:24AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I was really surprised he said anything to Frank about his fight with Nog, most Brazilians woulden't help anyone other then a fellow brazilian in a fight with a Brazilian, even if it's an enemy of theirs. I had no idea what was going on there because you can never tell with the editing, I just know that Nog is very highly regarded in Brazil and I didn't think a fellow Brazilian would say anything negative about him. Side note, I'm pretty sure Nog can teach heart lol.

Post #2   10/30/08 2:54:09AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,826-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That was some pretty inside stuff there. Not a smart move if he wants a following in Brazil. Vinny should know better and he should feel pretty bad to have lost Nog's respect like that. If he thinks brazilians didn't like him before he is going to be suprised. I didn't really have a problem with him talking to Mir. What I thought was pretty dirty of him was to deny what he said then say to the camera that he doesn't care what Nog thinks.

How 'bout that sub though? Was that a flying armbar attempt from the thai plumb to mount followed by a mounted gogo transitioned to armbar? That's what I remember seeing... but it's pretty late. Anybody who shares a .gif of that will get props.

Post #3   10/30/08 4:15:45AM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

That was some pretty inside stuff there. Not a smart move if he wants a following in Brazil. Vinny should know better and he should feel pretty bad to have lost Nog's respect like that. If he thinks brazilians didn't like him before he is going to be suprised. I didn't really have a problem with him talking to Mir. What I thought was pretty dirty of him was to deny what he said then say to the camera that he doesn't care what Nog thinks.

How 'bout that sub though? Was that a flying armbar attempt from the thai plumb to mount followed by a mounted gogo transitioned to armbar? That's what I remember seeing... but it's pretty late. Anybody who shares a .gif of that will get props.

It definitly looked like a flying arm bar to me but i dont think he intention was to go for to gogoplata he was just putting pressure in his neck with his foot so that he would give him his arm. One of my teacher showned me that trick before.

Post #4   10/30/08 12:22:23PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
lets be honest though, in straight up jiu jitsu vinny is more accomplished than nog and that's a fact. that's all he was saying, and i'm not a huge vinny fan and a big nog fan.

Post #5   10/30/08 12:27:29PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

lets be honest though, in straight up jiu jitsu vinny is more accomplished than nog and that's a fact. that's all he was saying, and i'm not a huge vinny fan and a big nog fan.

True, but when it comes to Nog and Brazilians you do not say anything that could be considered disrespectful.

Post #6   10/30/08 1:19:58PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nickcuc547

True, but when it comes to Nog and Brazilians you do not say anything that could be considered disrespectful.

what was disrespectful???

Post #7   10/30/08 1:36:13PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nickcuc547

what was disrespectful???

Saying he didn't care what Nog thought, lieing to his face, calling him a simple grappler, saying he thinks he's a better grappler. Sure he has more credentials in grappling but you shoulden't say things about legends like that. You should handle it like Anderson, Fedor, and Nog handle the questions about who is the best, they all say oh no i'm not the best blah blah blah.

Post #8   10/30/08 1:46:22PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,185-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think this is one time where what you see, editing and all, is more accurate than what he describes in his blog.

I definitely thought he was diminishing Nog's skills by calling them "basic". He tried to explain it away as meaning "not fancy". hmmmmmm...

Post #9   10/30/08 2:34:45PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by scoozna

I think this is one time where what you see, editing and all, is more accurate than what he describes in his blog.

I definitely thought he was diminishing Nog's skills by calling them "basic". He tried to explain it away as meaning "not fancy". hmmmmmm...

he doesn't speak great english though, that might have had something to do with it. I have to give vinny the benefit of the doubt, he's cocky but not disrespectful.

Post #10   10/30/08 3:19:06PM   

JimmieDD

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
Thanks for the read. Very good.

Post #11   10/30/08 3:22:21PM   

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:
that was a very good read. also some insight to what goes on in the editing department of UFC.

Post #12   10/30/08 4:09:12PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
Vinny needs to grow up!!
For one. Pissing it another grown mens bed is just childish and probally one of the stupidest paybacks to do on someone. Especially with it being caught on camera.

Two: To talk crap about your idol, or someone who is respected in your home country, then to lie to his face and the whole world in front of cameras. Than to even say "look at the camera's/video" even though, it will prove he lied. Just blows me away. I think he needs a big reality check.
Yeah he can fight, but he needs to check himself.
This guy is like a second coming of Juni.

Last edited 10/30/08 5:15PM server time by rampageownedyou
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   10/30/08 5:15:28PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Nog had seemed to be a very easygoing guy up until this episode. Just hearing him say "damn" was surprising. I was like "wow" he's pissed. "No, noe we're enemies" Nog does not put up with trashtalking.

I couldn't believe Vinny was saying it was on camera that he didn't say anything bad, when he obviously had and it would be sen on camera. Is this guy brain-dead or what? "Oh, everything he teaches is so basic."

Regarding the fight, Vinny looked really good. When I saw him hitting the mits I thoughthe seemed sluggish and lacking power, but he was throwing some pretty good strikes. His flying armbar technique is a little strange, it's more like he's pulling guard, because he doesn't have the leg over the face unil he hits the mat.

At first I thought he had submitted his opponent with the mounted gogoplata because I wasn't even paying attention to his arm, but he looked really good on the ground. I think he'll go far, but we'll get a better evaluation when he fights someone with some better skill, because his opponent didn't even look like he belonged on the show, let alone in the UFC.

Post #14   10/30/08 5:49:06PM