Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Murilo “Ninja” Rua heading back to Japan

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Fighting for five years in Japan, at Pride and Shooto, Murilo “Ninja” Rua now can be back to the Rising Sun Land, after EliteXC’s bankrupt. Training hard and looking for another show to fight, Ninja spoke to TATAMA about his future. “I don’t have anything set yet, I had two more fights to do at Elite and now I’ll see what I’m gonna do. I’ll speak with my manager and look for another event, maybe in Japan. I don’t have anything right yet, but I believe Japan is a good opportunity”, said Rua, who was surprised with EliteXC’s end.

LINK

Post #1   10/29/08 2:27:10AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
why am i not surprised at all

Post #2   10/29/08 12:02:56PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I really like Ninja, but their's no point, IMO, of him coming to the UFC. He wouldn't be a contender. His fights are usually fun to watch, but that's just not enough to be in the UFC anymore (usually). After that loss to Benji, I agree that he should go fight in Japan. He'd make more money there, and have a better chance of winning.

Post #3   10/29/08 3:23:11PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Branwest

I really like Ninja, but their's no point, IMO, of him coming to the UFC. He wouldn't be a contender. His fights are usually fun to watch, but that's just not enough to be in the UFC anymore (usually). After that loss to Benji, I agree that he should go fight in Japan. He'd make more money there, and have a better chance of winning.

I'm fairly sure that his loss to benji was due to him being told to get the KO or go home. Then again he ussually fights pretty wrecklessly. I think Ninja is a good MMA fighter, but not a great one, I'll be happy to see him in Dream.

Post #4   10/29/08 6:52:13PM