Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Was Brock winded by the end of his fight with Heath Herring?

Print  
Was Brock winded in his fight with Heath Herring?
Yes, he was winded 8 17%
No, he was not winded 38 83%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
So Rampageownedyou and I have had this little argument over wether Brock was winded by the end of the Heath Herring fight.

I say he could have gone another two rounds, Rampage says he wasn't winded. Settle this once and for all for us guys

Last edited 10/28/08 9:32PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/28/08 7:28:32PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
I think he looked like he could go 2 more..All he did was lay on Heath hopefully he wont be able to do the same against Randy.I dont think Cardio should be a problem with anyone with a wrestling background as they're used to cutting weight and exerting themselves.

Post #2   10/28/08 7:40:44PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
In terms of heart rate I think he was probably in the 160's. Not peaked out, but definitely "exercised" I don't think Herring forced enough scrambles and made Lesnar do enough work to get him totally exhausted. It's not a good gauge for his cardio IMO because Brock preserved strength and energy from the top by playing a conservative game.

At that pace I believe he could have gone another 2 rounds but we would have seen a significant difference toward the middle of the 5th.

Post #3   10/28/08 7:41:01PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
ok first off. I didnt say he was winded, i was quoting you.
What I was saying, is that he was tired by end of the 2nd. And didnt look like the guy in the 1st round vs Heith.

What I also said was that Randy should have no problem with him, if he goes into the 3rd and later rounds, the way he looked in the Heith fight. If Heith had any solid energy in the 3rd, he would of been able to do something to beat Lesnar.

Mind you i did say, only trouble Randy will be in is the 1st round, because Brock seems to go all out 1st round and being a big guy, he tires and gets sluggish.

Time will tell, and we shall see come Randy vs Brock.

Post #4   10/28/08 8:43:15PM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
If thats all you said your post wouldnt of got deleted, I went to copy and paste it, And its gone! Fighter Basher...

Post #5   10/28/08 8:55:19PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Chips:
lol
You want a baby whipe?

I made refrence to Heith and how he looked against Brock on the ground...wasnt actually that bad.
And Herring is in my top 10 of fav fighters, so i guess i cant be critical about a fav fighter of mine.

Last edited 10/28/08 9:14PM server time by rampageownedyou
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #6   10/28/08 9:11:46PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

In terms of heart rate I think he was probably in the 160's. Not peaked out, but definitely "exercised" I don't think Herring forced enough scrambles and made Lesnar do enough work to get him totally exhausted. It's not a good gauge for his cardio IMO because Brock preserved strength and energy from the top by playing a conservative game.

At that pace I believe he could have gone another 2 rounds but we would have seen a significant difference toward the middle of the 5th.

Herring was trying to do the same scrambles he does in every fight, where he gives up his back, traps one arm and rolls over (like he did to Kongo in their fight). But when he tried to do that with Lesnar, Lesnar didnt put the hooks in and put his weight on Herring, making it harder for him to roll over. Just like Tyson Griffin, where they are confident in their sub defence, so they bait their opponents so that they can get into a better position. I think Brock's strength and top control was too much for him to do anything, if he would have go on to his back, IMO he would have taken alot more clean shots.

As far as him being winded, I dont think he was, but Herring's inability to scramble out of that position made things easier for Lesnar, as all he had to do was control him, and throw a few shots. Which he even had to be careful with, because Herring was trying to face away from Lesnar, so Lesnar had to pick his shots to not hit the back of the head.

Post #7   10/28/08 9:24:57PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Chips:

Herring was trying to do the same scrambles he does in every fight, where he gives up his back, traps one arm and rolls over (like he did to Kongo in their fight). But when he tried to do that with Lesnar, Lesnar didnt put the hooks in and put his weight on Herring, making it harder for him to roll over. Just like Tyson Griffin, where they are confident in their sub defence, so they bait their opponents so that they can get into a better position. I think Brock's strength and top control was too much for him to do anything, if he would have go on to his back, IMO he would have taken alot more clean shots.

good post.

With that being said. You still cant disagree Lesnar was more tired then the 1st round?.
Yeah maybe he wasnt exhausted, but lets face it, when we see Randy and Lesnar fight....we will see how tired Brock will get....thats of course unless the fight ends early...

Post #8   10/28/08 9:32:33PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't think he was winded I think he was gassed

lol J/K

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #9   10/28/08 11:15:49PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I thought he got tired lol, and that was Herring who we know is not a wrestler by any means lol.

Post #10   10/28/08 11:21:54PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Jackelope

As far as him being winded, I dont think he was, but Herring's inability to scramble out of that position made things easier for Lesnar, as all he had to do was control him, and throw a few shots. Which he even had to be careful with, because Herring was trying to face away from Lesnar, so Lesnar had to pick his shots to not hit the back of the head.

LOL thanks for the education on MMA but you're not telling me anything I don't already know

I'm just saying that he should have tried to force more scrambles. Instead of going for the same thing over and over perhaps he should have used his JJ experience over Lesnar and turned into him for guard/half guard and then tried to work. I dunno, call me crazy but if I try something 10 times and it doesn't work I'm going to try something else. Even if that means taking risks. I certainly would have known if I was Heath that I wasn't going to win the fight on points by sitting there letting Brock lay on me while taking pot shots.

What Brock did was control from the top and preserve energy. It was smart. I'm not taking anything away from him. I'm just saying Heath could have tried a lot more things to force a scramble and ultimately I think he got thrown off his gameplan from the get-go. Brock's cardio was tested, but not near to the extent that it needs to be. I still don't buy into anyone being able to power all those muscles for 3 rounds at a frenetic pace and I believe along with Jiu Jitsu and standing footwork this is going to be where Lesnar gets exposed.

Not to mention that I can't believe an experienced fighter like Herring fell for the fake shoot to overhand right. It was just a poor showing from Herring.

Post #11   10/29/08 12:07:30AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

LOL thanks for the education on MMA but you're not telling me anything I don't already know

I'm just saying that he should have tried to force more scrambles. Instead of going for the same thing over and over perhaps he should have used his JJ experience over Lesnar and turned into him for guard/half guard and then tried to work. I dunno, call me crazy but if I try something 10 times and it doesn't work I'm going to try something else. Even if that means taking risks. I certainly would have known if I was Heath that I wasn't going to win the fight on points by sitting there letting Brock lay on me while taking pot shots.

What Brock did was control from the top and preserve energy. It was smart. I'm not taking anything away from him. I'm just saying Heath could have tried a lot more things to force a scramble and ultimately I think he got thrown off his gameplan from the get-go. Brock's cardio was tested, but not near to the extent that it needs to be. I still don't buy into anyone being able to power all those muscles for 3 rounds at a frenetic pace and I believe along with Jiu Jitsu and standing footwork this is going to be where Lesnar gets exposed.

Not to mention that I can't believe an experienced fighter like Herring fell for the fake shoot to overhand right. It was just a poor showing from Herring.

HEY! Sometimes the fake shot looks real, it happends to the best fighters in the world!

Post #12   10/29/08 12:30:30AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Brock could have went 2 more rounds easy.

Post #13   10/29/08 7:42:11AM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
the fake shot was brilliant and worked because herring did not think lesnar would stand up against him- I think Herring was just overmatched athletically as will most fighters bee against the Brock- I am hating that my spidey senses are telling me Brock wins -

Post #14   10/29/08 8:02:25AM   

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:

Posted by Cdellorso

the fake shot was brilliant and worked because herring did not think lesnar would stand up against him- I think Herring was just overmatched athletically as will most fighters bee against the Brock- I am hating that my spidey senses are telling me Brock wins -

id have to agree. brock also seems to have a great corner and game planner. but randy is one of the best

Post #15   10/29/08 11:15:53AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2