Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BISPING TALKS ULTIMATE FIGHTER 9 COACHING ROLE

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Michael "The Count" Bisping won season three of The Ultimate Fighter and will coach season nine of the popular reality show on Spike TV. Armed with the experience of having gone through it, Bisping is excited about his role as coach.

"I'm absolutely thrilled to be involved with TUF again," Bisping told MMAWeekly.com. "I think it's a great tool for the UFC to discover new talent. Obviously, for my career, it was amazing. I've got some very, very fond memories and I can't wait to get involved with it again."

Season nine will feature a United States vs. the United Kingdom theme consisting of lightweight and welterweight fighters.

"As far as the talent in the U.K., there's a lot of great talent," said Bisping. "I've seen a lot of people on the Internet saying things like England couldn't compete with a team from America. I don't see that as the case at all. I think we've got some fantastic talent."

LINK

Post #1   10/28/08 2:35:27AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
isn't he too young to be a coach?

At least he will have some great Trainers with him. His crew of Kongo and Rampage would help a lot.

Post #2   10/28/08 3:15:26AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
What I dont get is..... Bisping is a MW, Franklin is a LHW, Henderson is a MW. Now we all know the story why these guys have been in other Divisions, But WTF are they gonna do, Unless the coaches arnt figting this time round ala TUF2.

Will the fight be for a #1 Contendership, If so what weight, Unfair to ask Bisping to fight at 205, Unfair to ask Franklin/Henderson to fight at 185 straight after a 205 fight, I just dont get it!

Post #3   10/28/08 4:00:32AM