Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

EliteXC fighter faces toughest test yet: unemployment

Print  
Posted By Message

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
The past few weeks were exciting for middleweight Joey Villasenor. He had prepared vigorously for his rematch with Robbie Lawler.

Though Villasenor was stopped in 22 seconds the first time they met, he was confident things would end differently Nov. 8 in Reno, Nev. Villasenor, who turned 33 on Friday, was feeling good.

Where to now? Joey Villasenor founds himself without a job after EliteXC closed its doors.
In a little more than two weeks, he planned to enter the cage and exact revenge on one of mixed martial arts' top middleweights. Plus, he could earn a much-needed $60,000 -- $30,000 for the fight and $30,000 to win.

Just two more weeks and Villasenor would put a few bucks into his savings account that serves as a retirement fund. But two weeks is a long time when the event's promoter is struggling to make ends meet.

Link

Post #1   10/24/08 2:22:16AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
This is really what i've been talking/complaining about. everyone who is happy elite went under was only looking at the small picture... it doesn't matter that there will be some other rich dude who comes in and says "i'm not going to make the same mistakes" and start all over again, but the people who were scheduled to fight, the people who were under contract and everyone working for the organization who thought they had a steady job are all taking it up the bum right now.

Post #2   10/24/08 11:56:45AM