Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor's Manager Vadim Finklestein Addresses Dana White

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Dana says UFC’s doors are wide open. Maybe they are. But these doors also shut tightly once the fighter signs with the organization. Randy Couture came back to the UFC and what now?

Instead of fighting the best in the promotion he has to fight a young upstart with 2-1 pro-record. Couture might not survive all the three contractual fights. I’m afraid that’s being made in order to finish the star which is Randy and not let him fight Fedor.

link

Post #1   10/23/08 9:13:13PM   

Princeofpunk

Banned

Career:401-243
Chips:
Im over this randy fedor saga

Post #2   10/23/08 9:20:22PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,973-1,009
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I vote for Vadim Finklestein to be banned of this site !!

Post #3   10/23/08 9:26:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Why? Thats a good point, instead of Nog, Randy's fighting a big dangerous guy who is not seen as a great fighter. Randy wins, Brocks inexperience is what did him in, if Brock kills Randy where does he go from there? Fighting his way back up to the top at the age of 45?

Post #4   10/23/08 9:30:19PM   

Muay-Thai_Mogwai

MMA Regular

Muay-Thai_Mogwai Avatar

Career:1,331-844
Chips:
Very excellent points. But the Couture, Fedor bs is getting old.

Post #5   10/23/08 9:39:44PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Why? Thats a good point, instead of Nog, Randy's fighting a big dangerous guy who is not seen as a great fighter. Randy wins, Brocks inexperience is what did him in, if Brock kills Randy where does he go from there? Fighting his way back up to the top at the age of 45?

I don't think fighters should be allowed to handpick their opponents so Couture face Brock end of the story. If couture wanted to face only the top fighters he should have faced Big Nog 1 year ago, now the situation have changed, Nog is set to face Mir so Couture face Brock and just have to destroy him that's all.

Last edited 10/23/08 9:48PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   10/23/08 9:46:44PM   

ThePlague

O&A party rock

ThePlague Avatar

Career:1,392-794
Chips:

Instead of fighting the best in the promotion he has to fight a young upstart with 2-1 pro-record.

Terrible point. Does he remember that fight Fedor had just before Sylvia? Guy by the name of Hong-man Choi.
I do think that the UFC should ease up on their contract requirements for Fedor though.

Post #7   10/23/08 9:47:03PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
the reason why couture is not fighting nog is because nog is fightin mir. The fight was already set, and they're not gonna take it away from mir because all of the sudden couture decided to come back. It was couture's choice to get back into the mix asap so you gotta look at the contenders available.

Werdum: Decent win over gonzaga... far from dominant, but did finish him. I personally thought that gonzaga looked good in the first... and absent in the second. In most people's eyes, the win over vera isnt worth shit. Why? for obvious reasons.

Lesnar: Impressive showing against mir in his first ufc fight... was mauling him and looked close to putting him away until he got caught. Its not a rookie mistake, because mir's jits is that good. Lesnar's win over herring was very impressive. It was one of the most dominant 3 round fights i've ever seen. Nobody has ever made herring look that useless, ever.

I personally see lesnar's win over herring worth more than werdum's win over gonzaga and his n/c over vera.

Reason number 2 why lesnar gets the shot? because believe it or not, its the fight that most people would rather see. I highly suspect that when the odds are released, lesnar will be the favourite.

You gotta beat the best to be the best... if couture cant handle lesnar, then he doesnt deserve to wear the belt. This isnt a mickymouse sport where you get to pick and choose your opponent so that the champ can hold his belt longer.

And on a sidenote... i said this as soon as the matchup was released.. this is the ufc's strategy of bailing on the couture franchise. If couture wins, they play it like they had his back the entire time... which in a lot of ways they did. If couture loses, lesnar is the next big thing and couture fades away. My prediction is that lesnar takes the belt from couture and then loses it to nog. Why? because lesnar wont be able to finish nog, and lesnar doesnt have the sub defence or experience to stop the inevitable

Post #8   10/23/08 9:50:17PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Doesn't anybody realize that Couture can't fight Nog now because TUF has been filmed and consequently Mir and Nog have to fight. This means Couture would have to wait until next year to fight Nog. Couture is not getting any younger. Would he really prefer to have no fights this year while he waits for Nog?!

Post #9   10/23/08 9:51:36PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wapttn

the reason why couture is not fighting nog is because nog is fightin mir. The fight was already set, and they're not gonna take it away from mir because all of the sudden couture decided to come back. It was couture's choice to get back into the mix asap so you gotta look at the contenders available.

Werdum: Decent win over gonzaga... far from dominant, but did finish him. I personally thought that gonzaga looked good in the first... and absent in the second. In most people's eyes, the win over vera isnt worth shit. Why? for obvious reasons.

Lesnar: Impressive showing against mir in his first ufc fight... was mauling him and looked close to putting him away until he got caught. Its not a rookie mistake, because mir's jits is that good. Lesnar's win over herring was very impressive. It was one of the most dominant 3 round fights i've ever seen. Nobody has ever made herring look that useless, ever.

I personally see lesnar's win over herring worth more than werdum's win over gonzaga and his n/c over vera.

Reason number 2 why lesnar gets the shot? because believe it or not, its the fight that most people would rather see. I highly suspect that when the odds are released, lesnar will be the favourite.

You gotta beat the best to be the best... if couture cant handle lesnar, then he doesnt deserve to wear the belt. This isnt a mickymouse sport where you get to pick and choose your opponent so that the champ can hold his belt longer.

And on a sidenote... i said this as soon as the matchup was released.. this is the ufc's strategy of bailing on the couture franchise. If couture wins, they play it like they had his back the entire time... which in a lot of ways they did. If couture loses, lesnar is the next big thing and couture fades away. My prediction is that lesnar takes the belt from couture and then loses it to nog. Why? because lesnar wont be able to finish nog, and lesnar doesnt have the sub defence or experience to stop the inevitable

The Vegas odds are equal at -115

I am going with Couture for sure here.

Last edited 10/23/08 9:57PM server time by tuvok500

Post #10   10/23/08 9:56:05PM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
He makes good points....

Especially when he said about Fedor defeating the ex-ufc champs.....If he defeats Arlovski and Barnett (which are his next two fights probably), then he might actually get a new nickname.....The UFC Champ Killer!

Post #11   10/24/08 4:41:47AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

...Lesnar's win over herring was very impressive. It was one of the most dominant 3 round fights i've ever seen. Nobody has ever made herring look that useless, ever.

I think Fedor did.

Post #12   10/24/08 7:20:00AM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
I have said it before Fedor is a great fighter people say o he is now fighting good fighters the problem is now he is fighting guys people in the UFC have already beat. Randy beat Tim and Tim beat AA twice so all Fedor is doing is fighting guys we know he can beat everyone wants to see him and Randy or if he loses him and Brock and the only way for him to do that is fight in the UFC. Randy tried leaving to go fight him and couldn't because of legal reasons so why isn't Fedor doing his best to come fight him or is he content with the UFC letting go fighters who can't win anymore and fighting them when they are released. Wow he is now beating guys who get let go from there contracts for not wining. So he has moved up in competition from fighting cans to now fighting guys who have already been beat in the UFC. The only fight he has out side of the UFC is with Barrnet why isn't that his next fight?

Last edited 10/24/08 8:58AM server time by motorboatensob

Post #13   10/24/08 8:56:49AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,703-1,488
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Randy will get murdered by Fedor in my opinion no disrespect intented but I never really cared for this fight. Dont get me wrong id watch it but I wouldnt pick randy for Fedor's next fight. Styles make fights and Randy is a bad match up in my opinion. I truthfully think Arlovski has a better shot at beating Fedor just because of punching power and speed. Randy will try to wrestle with Fedor and he will get submitted. I think to beat Fedor you need to hit like a train and randy doesnt have what it takes to drop Fedor, atleast I dont think.

Post #14   10/24/08 10:57:00AM   

loffspring

Learning to Sprawl

loffspring Avatar

Career:623-343
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by wapttn

...Lesnar's win over herring was very impressive. It was one of the most dominant 3 round fights i've ever seen. Nobody has ever made herring look that useless, ever.

I think Fedor did.

nice

Last edited 10/24/08 11:54AM server time by loffspring

Post #15   10/24/08 11:52:55AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2