Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kimbo Slice took a dive?

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Dom_Diegos

Learning to Sprawl

Dom_Diegos Avatar

Career:1,080-784
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
No way kimbo took a dive. Why tarnish his poster boy rep. He finally got exposed for the fake he is. He's a street fighter & nothing more. True mma fans have been saying this for a very long time. And the fight you speak of thats on youtube with kimbo & the pro fighter..............The guy was a cop training to be a mma fighter at the time, i believe he had 1 fight in the UFC & was beaten so badly he never returned ............as of yet, & that happened after the kimbo fight. Kimbo did not keep comming at the guy either. He gassed out so freaking fast (like always), laid on his back unable to get up, bent over in an attempt to catch his breath & stale. Kimbo lost that fight, period. When will ppl realize kimbo is NOT an mma fighter but Gary Shaws cash cow. The Shaw family needs to get out of the mma business & stay out! Stick with boxing if they want to pay fighters to stand up & fight. But I would like to see kimbo in the UFC for 2 - 6 fights just to watch him get destroyed by real mma fighters. Let Frank Mir break his arm, let Rampage slamn him, let Nog show him real submission work & let Randy destroy him!!!

Post #16   10/23/08 2:55:17PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:

Posted by candynuts

I decided to pick up my college's newspaper for once and I saw this article.

Here it is

"The fact that he didn't accept the new fight until 30 minutes before show-time arises questions. The fact that I have seen this man let people twice his size hit him in the face multiple times and not be fazed arises questions. I am a person who looks at the glass half empty, call me a cynic if you will, but I believe that Kimbo threw that fight. After watching the 14 second fight (if you want to call it a fight) arises even more questions in my mind.

In a video online Kimbo goes toe to toe with a huge MMA fighter and the fight lasts almost 10 minutes. I am sure most of you know the video I am referring to. The man he fought was as big as him and was a professional fighter, and Kimbo took a huge beating but never stopped coming at his attacker. I just find it hard to believe that one right hook from a man much smaller than Kimbo would finish him off."

He doesn't even know what type of punch it was that knocked Kimbo down, that says it all really.

What a f*cking idiot.

Last edited 10/23/08 8:56PM server time by Ben_Hutch
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/23/08 8:55:42PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Gentlemen

13. Do not engage in wild conspiracy theory's about fixed fights on the forums. Unless an athletic commission convicts someone of it, or BOTH FIGHTERS in a fight openly agree that it happened, it need not be discussed here. There is no advantage to be gained by discrediting the sport you love, which is the reason you are here in the first place

Post #18   10/23/08 10:03:46PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2