Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

why do u guys write liddell of so fast against fedor?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Huckit

MMA Regular

Huckit Avatar

Career:36-30
Chips:
liddell is taller and larger frame. hes combonations are like carpet bombs scattering out and coming down from all angles landed right on target. he should be able to keep it standing like cc vs fedor...

in a cage i really think liddell has a better chance than crocop because of his punch power etc.... fedor has been rocked a few times but guys with less punch power

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   3/9/07 3:38:34AM   

migo

MMA Regular

migo Avatar

Career:11-12
Chips:
Mirko easily has as much punch power as Chuck, in his early K-1 fights he was winning more with boxing than his LHK.

Post #2   3/9/07 4:00:22AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
As with all dream matchups and questions this goes to the MMA lounge.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   3/9/07 6:14:34AM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
I feel like using lots of swear words so this thread will go into the padded room. WTF Liddell is big for a light heavyweight but small compared to fedor, fedor would only need to hit chuck once to put him down and he would use his judo and ground skills to throw chuck around like a rag doll. Sure he would not be able to hold Liddell down but after geting slammed a couple of times and eating some of Fedors punches Liddell would be running scared plus Fedors cardio is better he would just hunt Liddell down for the whole fight, Chuck might last the distance if it was a three round fight and Fedor would win it on decision, If it was a pride match or a five round bout Fedor would win by TKO with the ref stopping it.

Post #4   3/9/07 8:12:26AM   

Broknmunky

MMA Regular

Broknmunky Avatar

Career:205-104
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by MethodMan

I feel like using lots of swear words so this thread will go into the padded room. WTF Liddell is big for a light heavyweight but small compared to fedor, fedor would only need to hit chuck once to put him down and he would use his judo and ground skills to throw chuck around like a rag doll. Sure he would not be able to hold Liddell down but after geting slammed a couple of times and eating some of Fedors punches Liddell would be running scared plus Fedors cardio is better he would just hunt Liddell down for the whole fight, Chuck might last the distance if it was a three round fight and Fedor would win it on decision, If it was a pride match or a five round bout Fedor would win by TKO with the ref stopping it.

I agree! Fedor is too much for Liddell. I think Liddell has a better chance if it was CC than he would against Fedor IMO!

Post #5   3/9/07 11:27:51AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
While we all know MMAth doesn't work... Fedor has easily handled fighters with similar skill sets and powere to Liddel. Chuck has never faced a fighter, not only so well rounded, but who is so good with the sambo (esp. fighting in and takedowns and throws from the clinch). Fedor wouldn't be trying to takedown, or even box, in a way that Chuck has ever had to deal with. Chuck knows boxing and (fighting against) wrestlers and BJJ guys, those are not the ways Fedor brings it. We've never been shown anything from Chuck that says he would be ready.

Post #6   3/9/07 4:58:04PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
Chuck has never faced a guy who can transition the way that Fedor can. Even in his fight with Tito, Randy said that if Tito could transition from strikes to takedowns better Liddel would have a much tougher time. In my humble opinion Fedor is the best at transitioning from strikes to takedowns to GnP and submissions.

Post #7   3/10/07 10:03:29PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
fedor would do same that he did to mark hunt..
take him to the ground and sub him

or just toy with him and KHTFO!

Post #8   3/10/07 11:35:40PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
fedor may be able to transition well but the he wont get the take down...chuck is a counter puncher, as soon as fedor throws somethin at chuck hes catching a fist to the chin. as soon as the punch lands liddell will step out of the way and circle around fedor so he will never get the takedown!!!!

Post #9   3/11/07 3:25:20AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

fedor may be able to transition well but the he wont get the take down...chuck is a counter puncher, as soon as fedor throws somethin at chuck hes catching a fist to the chin. as soon as the punch lands liddell will step out of the way and circle around fedor so he will never get the takedown!!!!

You make it sound so easy...

Fedor is the #1 heavyweight in the world, Liddell would have to up his entire gameplan to even stand a minor chance against Fedor.

Post #10   3/11/07 3:43:04AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

You make it sound so easy...

Fedor is the #1 heavyweight in the world, Liddell would have to up his entire gameplan to even stand a minor chance against Fedor.

and Liddell is the #1 LHW...there is a reason for that....because he is a great fighter....the only thing different is the weight. if liddell stays on his feet i think he would get the knockout. if he does go down he definitely knows how to scramble and get back up.

Last edited 3/11/07 3:57AM server time by mkiv9secsupra
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #11   3/11/07 3:56:50AM   

Buddharox

MMA Regular

Buddharox Avatar

Career:207-123
Chips:
Fedor is the undisputed #1. Liddell is #2 in a lot of people's books. When you match up Shogun and Liddell's fights over the last 3 years, Shogun does have the edge in opponents he's beat.

Not to take anything away from Chuck, but c'mon, it's Fedor. People would write any fighter off against him.

Post #12   3/11/07 8:23:20AM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
I guess Fedor really doesnt stand a chance really. I mean Tito was able to stand with Chuck for an extended time, but obviously Fedor isnt better than Tito. And of course Chuck will always be pin piont accurate on the shot that will put Fedor to sleep. Chuck hits harder than anyone else Fedor has ever fought. Fedor has been rocked by some of the biggest in the world, but Chuck is so far over that its unbelivable. I guess Chuck will also have no problem getting around Fedors freakish ape like reach in his arms to. Will Chuck even break a sweat in this fight. He did against Tito, but come on thats Tito everyone looks bad against Tito.

Post #13   3/11/07 11:10:25AM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Yep Tito, Liddell, Babalu, Sanchez even Diaz would knock Fedor out, UFC forever ...... uhh ......bluh...... Sorry just choking on my own vomit, get real people White probably spends his nights dribbling on his pillow having wet dreams about how good a fighter Fedor is and how much he could do for the heavyweight devision in UFC, the devision is getting stronger dont get me wrong but how by taking a number of the pride heavyweights on its books.

Post #14   3/16/07 7:19:46AM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
OMG!!! Another Liddell vs. Fedor thread, this hasn't been beaten to death or anything.

Post #15   3/16/07 9:04:23AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2